Scanner Tools for Samsung C460

Questions about Wine on Linux
predator

Scanner Tools for Samsung C460

Post by predator »

Hello,

I have a Samsung C460 printer/ scanner combo-machine and a Ubuntu linux computer.
For Scanning I use a combination of Android Phone App for scanning, webdavs-app and dolphin with a webdavs "network drive". This is more handy than it sounds, because the android app is really lean and fast.
Sane is not an option as it does not support network scanners. Even with USB connection sane does not work with the auto-document-feed and multi-page documents.
Goal is to access the scanner via network from my ubuntu machine.
The last reports of poeple trying to get the windows scan program to run thru wine are very old. Is there any chance this will work in the end.

Best regards
dimesio

Re: Scanner Tools for Samsung C460

Post by dimesio »

Wine's TWAIN merely forwards requests to SANE, so if your scanner isn't working in SANE, it won't work with Wine's TWAIN. You could try native TWAIN; there was a user years ago who reported getting a network scanner working that way. As you say, the report is very old, but the only way to find out if it will work in current Wine is to try it.
igytouqc
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Scanner Tools for Samsung C460

Post by igytouqc »

The best thing you can do here is to report this issue to the developer of the SANE driver for your Samsung C460 printer. When its then fixed, not just you but every single other user with this printer can benefit from your issue-reporting.