WineHQ
Wine Forums

Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:32 pm 
Level 2
Level 2

Hello again, fellow WINE fans!

A while back I posted something here about using WINE with the Windows game "Foxtail" on an old Sony VAIO using Puppy Linux 5.2.5. It didn't work, nor did it in XP mode (the Sony is a "Dual Operating System" device).

I got the game working in XP mode. What is needed in part is an "XML" file to point it at DirectX. That way SwiftShader can get it running.

The problem seems to be whether or not I use that XML file with WINE I get the same exact error message in the command window about a GLX11 (or some such thing) error, "expect problems"- it is clearly related to OpenGL. It seems as if the game is NOT trying to use DirectX.

Is this because of the XML file? Can anyone here advise how to force a game to use DirectX with WINE?

Thank you.

(Note: an earlier post does have more detailed information, but my time is almost up here.)

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:02 pm 
Level 2
Level 2

Oops, sorry...here's the error message:

Code:
# err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L”winemp3.acm”: libmpg123.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW (L”\\\\.\\DISPLAY1“,0,0x33f430,0x00000000), stub!
Xlib:  extension “GLX” missing on display “:0.0“.
err:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo  couldn’t initialize OpenGL, expect problems

It doesn't matter if that "settings.xml" file is there or not- the same identical message appears. That particular file points the game to "Direct3D," which is how it works in XP mode.

Note: that part about "libmpg123.so.0" does not matter. If the PET file is installed that part vanishes, but the rest remains. On the ASUS with Puppy Linux 6.0.5 Tahrpup it appears as well but the game works just fine. Also note that the ASUS is using the same identical version of WINE.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help