Wine Won't Update Missing Packages? 18.04.02 LTS Ubuntu

Questions about Wine on Linux
Star Fire

Wine Won't Update Missing Packages? 18.04.02 LTS Ubuntu

Post by Star Fire »

So I don't get it. I've tried removing wine from the source list. I've tried both the cosmic and bionic versions of wine and can't seem to install it.

I've also tried autoremoving winedevel completely from my system which hasn't helped me at all. The first thing I tried of course before that was sudo apt install -f which didn't help me.

I've attempted google searching an answer to my issue but none of the results helped me what so ever. Or were related to different issues then the one I was experiencing.

sudo apt install --install-recommends winehq-devel -fReading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
winehq-devel : Depends: wine-devel (= 4.5~bionic)
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
dimesio

Re: Wine Won't Update Missing Packages? 18.04.02 LTS Ubuntu

Post by dimesio »

You are probably running into the FAudio dependency issue. Add FAudio from the OBS before trying to install Wine. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32192
Star Fire

Post by Star Fire »

dimesio wrote:You are probably running into the FAudio dependency issue. Add FAudio from the OBS before trying to install Wine. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32192
I decided to remove it by running "sudo apt-get remove --auto-remove obs-studio" because I no longer use OBS. Since I haven't livestreamed in quite awhile now. I also ran "sudo apt-get purge obs-studio" to ensure that the configs were gone from the system.

However, I'm still getting the same issue? Do I still need to install the dependency even though I removed OBS which was causing the issue in the first place? I also ensured it was removed from the source list as well beforehand.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

You definitely need to install libfaudio0 if you want to install current and future wine-devel. You should be able to simply download the packages and install them locally without adding the repository. As for obs-studio, I have no idea what you are talking about. That has nothing to do with Wine.
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

Star Fire wrote:...
I decided to remove it by running "sudo apt-get remove --auto-remove obs-studio" because I no longer use OBS. Since I haven't livestreamed in quite awhile now. I also ran "sudo apt-get purge obs-studio" to ensure that the configs were gone from the system.
@Star Fire

You're a bit confused here - too many acronyms I guess! :lol:

In this context OBS means the openSUSE Build Service ...

Bob
Star Fire

Post by Star Fire »

It definitely seems like the same issue is happening again, I pretty much can't install dlevel wine. Only the stable seems to actually not be a broken mess. I was wanting to switch from stable to developement due to an issue with a game I wanted to test if it would work in a different version. I still can't because this awful software sucks Honestly, wine sucks more and more with each update and you expect me to install more and more stuff. It's complete and utter BS.

The following doesn't work FYI. sudo apt-add-repository 'deb https://download.opensuse.org/repositor ... ntu_18.04/ ./'

After running that command, I still can't install the god damn program.
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Post by jkfloris »

Without a terminal output it will impossible to help you.

What is the output of:

Code: Select all

grep -R ^deb /etc/apt/sources.list*
and

Code: Select all

sudo apt install wine-devel-amd64 wine-devel-i386