WineHQ
Wine Forums

Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:29 pm 

Hi all,
RCT stands for Rollercoaster Tycoon. This is the GOG.com download version. I have jumped through just about every hoop there is to get this going under wine. It installs ok. It runs and there are only two problems but one of them is a game breaker. RCT does not play the background music (no biggy) and it does not respond to the keyboard (semi-gamebreaker). Most things can be done with a mouse but keyboard input is required sometimes when placing game pieces in the map. Specifically, the shift key is needed to adjust elevation. There is no other way of adjusting elevation.

'Oblivion' and 'Knights and Merchants (GOG.com)' work perfectly. Always have.

I seem to recall that in the distant past, I had a disk version that initially had this problem but somehow it was solved. it was run under wine. One thing that seems anomalous is that one time as I was just poking at my keyboard trying to find any reaction, a chat box style window opened and I could type into it. I don't know if I somehow invoked a system type response or if this was coming from the game.

My System
Desktop I5, nvidia1080, 16GB mem.

What I have done:

I originally installed under Linux Mint standard wine. RCT3 installed ok but had this problem. I tried just about every winetrick that looked even remotely related. No joy. I've tried using a 32bit version of wine even going so far as to compile my own wine-git version. No joy. During this time I repeatedly removed the '.wine' directory and started over with a clean copy. No joy.

Thanks for any enlightenment.
Best regards,
Bob G.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help