fixme:ntdll:__syscall_NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not

Questions about Wine on Linux
owlbrudder

fixme:ntdll:__syscall_NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not

Post by owlbrudder »

I am trying to run Gmax on my Lenovo Z61t 32 bit laptop running Fedora 22.

I have it installed and it runs to the point where the splash screen shows it has finished loading its modules (or whatever they are), but Wine then reports the following and closes down:

Code: Select all

[doug@womble ~ 11:58 am]$wine "C:\gmax\gmax.exe"
fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging 1.8 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
fixme:winediag:start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
fixme:ntdll:__syscall_NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
wine: Call from 0x7b83daae to unimplemented function msvcirt.dll.??0ifstream@@QAE@PBDHH@Z, aborting
[doug@womble ~ 11:59 am]
I have Googled this problem and found several similar threads across the 'net, but they all have a slightly different message from mine as they don't include the "__syscall_" prefix to NtLockFile.

All the other threads either say it is something that has not been implemented in Wine, or have a raft of other errors and fixme messages that don't apply to me.

As a very infrequent user of Wine, it might be that there is a simple fix that everybody here already knows about, but I don't.

Is this problem fixable and, if so, how?

Kind regards,
Doug
dimesio

Re: fixme:ntdll:__syscall_NtLockFile I/O completion on lock

Post by dimesio »

The ntdll fixme isn't your problem; this is:
owlbrudder wrote:

Code: Select all

wine: Call from 0x7b83daae to unimplemented function msvcirt.dll.??0ifstream@@QAE@PBDHH@Z, aborting
There's already a bug for that, https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=22616, but it hasn't been updated in over a year. You should leave a comment in that bug stating it is still a problem in 1.8-staging (if you can test in 1.9.2, that would be even better).

Try winetricks vcrun6; that should get you past that problem, though it may just lead to the next one.