cant run mirc under wine desktop mode...

Questions about Wine on Linux
helen
Level 2
Level 2

cant run mirc under wine desktop mode...

Post by helen »

Hello I have just change on my server and Im using wine 1.4.If I run mirc inder wine that will be al ok 100 % ,the icon of mirc I'm not able to see it I connect on the server by remote so I was thinking to activate the option on wine to run the prograam in a virtual desktop but,if I do taht mirc will crash so I think taht something is wrong with the virtual desktop.What I neade to do?Maybe I neade to install sothing with the winetricks?
Thank's
Helen
8)
dimesio

Re: cant run mirc under wine desktop mode...

Post by dimesio »

Your Wine version is old and no longer supported. Start by upgrading to the latest development release. If the problem persists, post terminal output.
helen
Level 2
Level 2

Post by helen »

dimesio wrote:Your Wine version is old and no longer supported. Start by upgrading to the latest development release. If the problem persists, post terminal output.
Thank's!I was sure about your nswer I NEVAR got support on this firum exept what u just wrotee to me now maybe is a policy to say taht who prefer to use wine not update must just kill there slef!I have upgrade and I sort it out now I have 1.6 THE LAST VERSION ond is terribol lag so now taht I have the LAST VERSION tell me how to take away this terribol lag (i know taht lst version is 1,7 but on the wine web site there is olso written taht is not stable version)
Maybe I neade to istalla some dll or..what?I reade taht people are able to play games so I dont think taht the problem is that I'm running just one mirc.
Thank's hopening this time after many request to have a support
Take care
Helen
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Upgrade to 1.7.28. If the problem persists, post terminal output. If you are unwilling to follow my instructions, there is nothing else I can do to help you.

Also, please proofread your posts before submitting them. Deciphering your typos is difficult.
helen
Level 2
Level 2

Post by helen »

dimesio wrote:Upgrade to 1.7.28. If the problem persists, post terminal output. If you are unwilling to follow my instructions, there is nothing else I can do to help you.

Also, please proofread your posts before submitting them. Deciphering your typos is difficult.
I'm not English if i write in my Language u wioll not understand nothing so if u want to understand me you can understand.Ok so u suggest to upgrade to 1.7.28?I have seen taht is not a stabil version .After if have problemes how I can downgrade back is that possibol?
Thank's
Helen
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

"Stable" just means the branch doesn't change much, and that means it lacks many bugfixes that are already in the development branch.

Assuming you are using a distro package, you should be able to downgrade through your package manager if you need to. If you built Wine yourself, you would have to "make install" the old version to overwrite the new if you wanted to downgrade.
helen
Level 2
Level 2

Post by helen »

dimesio wrote:"Stable" just means the branch doesn't change much, and that means it lacks many bugfixes that are already in the development branch.

Assuming you are using a distro package, you should be able to downgrade through your package manager if you need to. If you built Wine yourself, you would have to "make install" the old version to overwrite the new if you wanted to downgrade.
Super!No no I'm not bilding nothing just searcheing online what is the easyest way to install it.The distro is a Ubutu on a server that I rent and I connect from remote.First I have installed the 1.4 version witch is in the distro then I just run the setup to upgrade it to 1.6.
Thank's
Helen