Adobe Photoshop CC - Dialog Text Missing

Questions about Wine on Linux
wizkidweb

Adobe Photoshop CC - Dialog Text Missing

Post by wizkidweb »

Hello all -

I've since installed Adobe Photoshop CC into Wine. It installed smoothly, starts up quickly, and everything seems to work correctly, but text that would normally show on buttons in popup dialogs and in the Layers toolbar isn't appearing. I thought it was because the font wasn't installed, but I tried installing allfonts through winetricks, as well as copying the fonts from a Windows system with Photoshop installed with no avail.

Attached is a screenshot of what the "New" dialog looks like. The other dialogs look similar. What could be causing this, and what can be done to try to remedy this problem?
Attachments
PS_CC Problem.png
dimesio

Re: Adobe Photoshop CC - Dialog Text Missing

Post by dimesio »

Wine version? If it's not the latest development release, upgrade. If the problem persists, post terminal output.
mesonoxianvlad

Re: Adobe Photoshop CC - Dialog Text Missing

Post by mesonoxianvlad »

Hi there.

I had the same problem.

After a whole day of research I found out it could be caused by having two copies of the same font.

So what I did was install only vcrun2008 msxml3 atmlib gdiplus vcrun2005 vcrun2005sp1 using winetricks without installing any fonts.

The result was positive and the problem went away.

I guess it might be because installing extra fonts might mess with the fonts included with photoshop.

Hope this helps.

Elementary OS Freya 64bit (Based on Ubuntu 14.04)
Wine 1.7.33 32bit