Can ENB work with Wine ?

Questions about Wine on Linux
totry
Level 3
Level 3

Can ENB work with Wine ?

Post by totry »

Hi, I wonder if ENB works with Wine?, Because I tried it and it does not work, he can't detect my d3d9.dll,,, If it works, I'd love some help, thank you.
Rico

Re: Can ENB work with Wine ?

Post by Rico »

By any chance you could be a bit more descriptive in what you've done and what game you used. It would be much easier to get an answer if you would describe your problem more precisely. Imho google found an answer for ENB and I just put the solution here.

WARNING: This next step is not officially supported!
Apparently you need to overwrite d3d9.dll to native in winecfg, otherwise the one shipped by ENB is not used (see http://enbdev.com/enbseries/forum/viewt ... f=21&t=613. ).
totry
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Does Skyrim ENB mod work with Wine ?

Post by totry »

Sorry, I forgot some details as. I'm with LinuxMint 15 Olivia 64 bytes, I have a Nvidia Geforce EVGA GTX 460 1GB DDR5 ISIP and I installed Wine 1.6 version that works very well, I installed Skyrim Legendary and everything works fine, I have more 30 hours played. If I want is to install a mod ENB, but it does not work, it does not detect my D3D9.dll. I try to install the library in D3D9 Wine (native or native, integrated) but the game will not launch. But if I go on this web site http://enbdev.com/doc_skyrim_en.htm they say that the EVGA would not be compatible is this true?
totry
Level 3
Level 3

Does Skyrim ENB Mod work with Wine ?

Post by totry »

Sorry, I forgot some details as. I'm with LinuxMint 15 Olivia 64 bytes, I have a Nvidia Geforce EVGA GTX 460 1GB DDR5 ISIP and I installed Wine 1.6 version that works very well, I installed Skyrim Legendary and everything works fine, I have more 30 hours played. If I want is to install a mod ENB, but it does not work, it does not detect my D3D9.dll. I try to install the library in D3D9 Wine (native or native, integrated) but the game will not launch. But if I go on this web site http://enbdev.com/doc_skyrim_en.htm they say that the EVGA would not be compatible is this true?
oiaohm
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Can ENB work with Wine ?

Post by oiaohm »

the game installs it own d3d9.dll if you have installed a different version you are shot. Yes using winetricks to install d3d9.dll will cause failure. Complete failure. winecfg need to have d3d9.dll set to native to avoid wine own internal loading and breaking game.

The problem comes from how picky the application is about its direct x stack.

Nvidia Geforce EVGA GTX 460 1GB DDR5 ISIP card is even fine under windows as long as you use stock Nvidia drivers not the EVGA customs versions. Yes you lose the performance advantage of having a EVGA over a normal card under Windows. You have already lost this under Linux since EVGA don't make Linux drivers. This is a case of a badly worded site. Its not the card is the drivers.

The program is going to be hard to run under wine due to how picky it is.