Unable to run The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

Questions about Wine on Linux
1337ingDisorder
Level 1
Level 1

Unable to run The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

Post by 1337ingDisorder »

I've installed a game called "The Bureau: XCOM Declassified" and when I run it essentially nothing happens.

I checked the properties for the desktop icon, and tried running the command in a terminal to get some output.

Here is the launch command:

Code: Select all

env WINEPREFIX="/home/omni/.wine" wine C:\\windows\\command\\start.exe /Unix /home/omni/.wine/dosdevices/c:/users/Public/Desktop/The\ Bureau.lnk
When I run that in a terminal I get the following output:

Code: Select all

omni@unicron:~$ env WINEPREFIX="/home/omni/.wine" wine C:\\windows\\command\\start.exe /Unix /home/omni/.wine/dosdevices/c:/users/Public/Desktop/The\ Bureau.lnk
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00004100
omni@unicron:~$ err:module:import_dll Loading library MSVCR100.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\The Bureau\\Binaries\\Win32\\TheBureau.exe") failed (error c000007b).
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\The Bureau\\Binaries\\Win32\\TheBureau.exe" failed, status c0000135
I'm fairly proficient with linux but have almost no experience using wine. Can anyone explain how I can fix this issue?

So far I've tried using winetricks to install dotnet40 and vcrun2010, both say they're already installed with the newest version.
Soulcage
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Unable to run The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

Post by Soulcage »

You might need to winetricks --force vcrun2010 , Seems like there was a game I had to do this for.
1337ingDisorder
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Unable to run The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

Post by 1337ingDisorder »

Soulcage wrote:You might need to winetricks --force vcrun2010 , Seems like there was a game I had to do this for.
Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried that, it did force the download/installation and reported success, however I got the same results when trying to launch the game.