Microsoft office paste, dictionary, and printing issue.

Questions about Wine on Linux
linewb

Microsoft office paste, dictionary, and printing issue.

Post by linewb »

I just recently switched to linux, and installed office 2010 home and student on ubuntu 13.10. I have been experiencing a few issues, but i don't know whether I should post these in bugzilla, or ther is an easy fix.

The first problem is that when I copy and past things into word, the options that appear when I right click disapear if I mouse over the paste options.

The second is that I am unable to look things up in the dictionary or the internet, I am only able to look things up on the theasarus.

The thrid and largest error is that whennever I print something a black square appears at the base of letters like y,q,p. I made sure the issue was not coming from my printer by printing a document from libre.

Edit: with different styles of fonts the printing issue has square lines coming from the bottom of the text. I would scan the printouts, except Ihaven't gotten my scanner to work on linux yet.
dimesio

Re: Microsoft office paste, dictionary, and printing issue.

Post by dimesio »

What version of Wine are you using? If it's not the latest development release, upgrade.

Did you follow the instructions in the AppDB Howto when installing Office? If not, please reinstall to a clean wineprefix following the instructions in the Howto. http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... &iId=17336
linewb

Post by linewb »

Thanks for responding so quickly.

Right now I am using wine 1.6, I tried installing the developmental release, however I can't figure out how. I did not use the instructions yoou linked, so I will try reinstalling the program with the different instructions.
linewb

Post by linewb »

I ran into a bit of a problem trying to install it the way its done in the appDB. Since it says you need msxml6, but when I tried to install it it said that my processor was not supported. (i3-3227U)
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Follow the Howto, not some random test report. No native dlls are needed to install.

As for the error message, are you sure it was about the processor and not the architecture?