Blank elements on emulated programs (Specifically, Melodyne)

Questions about Wine on Linux
HalfNote5

Blank elements on emulated programs (Specifically, Melodyne)

Post by HalfNote5 »

Hi everyone! Having a little problem in pretty much every version of WINE/Linux I try this on, but I'm installing Melodyne studio and it opened and everything just fine and even plays/allows me to edit. The problem is, I can't use it properly. All the WAV bubbles are invisible. That is to say, they aren't getting rendered.

To top it off, neither are menu elements. I go to "preferences" and I can drop the menus down and select anything in the dropdown box that's in plain text, but the captions and final (active) selections aren't showing up.

I am guessing this has something to do with what the program is using to render everything. I'm currently installing all the DirectX stuff via winetricks and seeing if that helps, but as of yet, I'm kinda at a wall. If that fixes it, I'll report back, but I selected pretty much everything, so it's going to take a couple hours, and I was hoping someone could maybe point me in the right direction before I find out that I'm on the wrong track. ; )

Thanks in advance!
HalfNote5

Re: Blank elements on emulated programs (Specifically, Melod

Post by HalfNote5 »

Okay, while waiting for my first post ever to be moderated, I stumbled across the solution. Here it is:

GDI+

That's right - I installed GDI plus packages using winetricks and it seems to solve the problem (although I simultaneously installed DirectX (the complete "warning, this is overkill" version), and updated wine to the newest version, so I am guessing based on a snippet of info I found in the meantime that the GDI+ install was probably what fixed it, but just in case I figured I'd mention the DirectX as well.

Cheers!

-Duffy W.
oiaohm
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Blank elements on emulated programs (Specifically, Melod

Post by oiaohm »

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... &iId=15889

HalfNote5 there is no reports that it even still works. Could you please try again with just GDI+ from winetricks no direct x install in a clean prefix and report in appdb what version of current wine works.

If you have to install GDI+ its a bug in wine. Possibly one of many that are currently reported.

http://bugs.winehq.org/buglist.cgi?prod ... lution=---

71 different issues with GDI+ so the program does need to be assocated with 1 of the 71 or become 72 so developers know it has issue.

HalfNote5 basically I am very supprised to here it still works.