just installed but no option to ¨open with wine¨

Questions about Wine on Linux
profeAlex

just installed but no option to ¨open with wine¨

Post by profeAlex »

ḧi guys, sorry I´m a linux noob. I´m using Linux Mint 14. Anyway I just reinstalled Wine after deleting it a while ago and it all looks fine except when I actually try to open an exe file. I right click on the file but there´s no option to open it with the wine launcher and it´s not there when I try to find it with ¨Open with other application¨ either. What am I missing here?? It worked fine when I had it installed previously... maybe there is an issue when I originally deleted it with this reinstall?? hope someone can help. Thanks
dimesio

Re: just installed but no option to ¨open with wine¨

Post by dimesio »

In KDE, selecting "Open With" then "Other" gives you a dialog where you can either browse for the application or simply type in the name. It also has a checkbox to remember the file association for that type of file, so you don't have to do it more than once. Or, you can add filetype associations directly in Configure Desktop=>File Associations.

I imagine other desktop environments have something similar. But you should really ask this on your distro's support forum; it's not a Wine question.