Shrinked Tahoma font

Questions about Wine on Linux
necrotek

Shrinked Tahoma font

Post by necrotek »

Hi.
I have an interesting issue with the way Tahoma font is displayed in one of the games. For some reason, under цine the text which uses Tahoma is displayed shrinked in width (not much but it's important in my case) if you compare it with Windows. Of course, you may say something like "It's normal that it's shown differently" but the interesting thing is this: at the beginning, I had this issue and tried to ignore for time being but at some point it started to work absolutely the same way as it was under Windows (I wish I paid attention when exactly it happened). It was really nice and I forgot about the issue until yesterday. When I started the game, the font was bugged again. There is a chance that the issue being resolved (it was something like a week ago) and being bugged again was caused by Wine update.
Right now I have 1.7.1-actually1.6-0ubuntu1 which I got two days ago and it seems (if the versions list is right) the lucky version was 1.7.1-0ubuntu1 which was updated pretty much at the same time when the issues was resolved. When the fontsize is set to 16 (I can change it in code), the font is bugged; if I use, for example, 13, the text is displayed in the same length like under Windows. So I'm confused what exactly is wrong and why. I may try to revert back to previous wine version but I don't like this idea in many ways (and there is no guarantee that it will fix the issue).
I would appreciate if someone could help with this issue.
Attachments
tahoma.png