wine 1.55 winecfg update back to default

Questions about Wine on Linux
grumpshappy13
Level 2
Level 2

wine 1.55 winecfg update back to default

Post by grumpshappy13 »

I trying to install medlin accounting general ledger to run on wine 1.55. I installed dcon98, mdac28 jet40 etc manually everything appears ok but upon closer inspection only the last install is installed.
Just before any of the installs winecfg updates and want to install gecko again. The update writes the default configuration back in the bottle so that medlin only gets to run on default and not with the microsoft apps that it needs
The same occurs when apps are installed with winetricks.

Is there a way to configure winecfg so that it will only update the wine bottles on my request?

I'm installing medlin version 3.5 (2002-2003) on debian 7.1

Sincerely
Jerry
dimesio

Re: wine 1.55 winecfg update back to default

Post by dimesio »

grumpshappy13 wrote:wine 1.55.
No such version. Do you mean 1.5.5? That version is old; you should upgrade to 1.6 or later.
I installed dcon98,
I assume you mean dcom98. That hasn't worked with Wine in a long time (since around 1.2). Don't install it.
Just before any of the installs winecfg updates and want to install gecko again. The update writes the default configuration back in the bottle so that medlin only gets to run on default and not with the microsoft apps that it needs
I don't understand what you mean here. Wine will update the wineprefix the first time you run anything after upgrading Wine, but the update does not remove any overrides or anything you've installed. And Wine only prompts to install gecko on creation of the wineprefix. It sounds like you're creating new wineprefixes; a typo in the path is enough to do that.
grumpshappy13
Level 2
Level 2

Re: wine 1.55 winecfg update back to default

Post by grumpshappy13 »

Please be patient with my inaccurate typing. The correct wine version is 1.5.5. I intended to type dcom98 instead of dcon98. I used this because I was emulating win98. The medlin version 3.5 was written in 2002. I used the default .wine for the bottle. That was a mistake on my part. I'll try is using a different name.

Thank you very much for responding.

Jerry