Cant run game after installing dotnet20

Questions about Wine on Linux
nullwiz
Level 1
Level 1

Cant run game after installing dotnet20

Post by nullwiz »

Hello, Im an Archlinux user (64 bit) and I installed Wine today. The problem is that I cant execute the osu! game.
I installed dotnet20 using winetricks, since its a 64 bit system I used :

Code: Select all

WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/win32 ./winetricks dotnet20 
I also built the .win32 using the same command but with winecfg.

The error that I get when I run this is sometimes :

wine: cannot find L"Z:\\home\\nullwiz\\osu!\\osu.exe"

Which makes me think is a typo, but i dont think it is... maybe some problem that has to be with 64 bit filesystems? I dont know.
But more importantly, the error that i get when I try to execute this file succesfully its that I dont have dotnet20 installed.
Im also triying to run the program with the same prefix that I used for the winetricks installation.
dimesio

Re: Cant run game after installing dotnet20

Post by dimesio »

lahmbi5678
Level 7
Level 7

Post by lahmbi5678 »

Please make sure, that you didn't mess things up by obvious typos like ".win32" vs "win32" vs ".wine32" vs "wine32". We had a similar discussion a few weeks ago.

The path "Z:\\home\\nullwiz\\osu!\\osu.exe" indicates that you installed your application in your linux home directory ("/home/nullwiz"), which you shouldn't do. It probably doesn't really matter, but I'd recommend to install the app in that wineprefix you intend to use for that app. Also I'd avoid the exclamation mark in a file or directory name, it may need to be properly "escaped".
nullwiz
Level 1
Level 1

Post by nullwiz »

lahmbi5678 wrote:Please make sure, that you didn't mess things up by obvious typos like ".win32" vs "win32" vs ".wine32" vs "wine32". We had a similar discussion a few weeks ago.

The path "Z:\\home\\nullwiz\\osu!\\osu.exe" indicates that you installed your application in your linux home directory ("/home/nullwiz"), which you shouldn't do. It probably doesn't really matter, but I'd recommend to install the app in that wineprefix you intend to use for that app. Also I'd avoid the exclamation mark in a file or directory name, it may need to be properly "escaped".
Should I remove everything and start from the beginning?
nullwiz
Level 1
Level 1

Post by nullwiz »

lahmbi5678 wrote:Please make sure, that you didn't mess things up by obvious typos like ".win32" vs "win32" vs ".wine32" vs "wine32". We had a similar discussion a few weeks ago.

This is what I get when i run wine start "C:\osu\osu.exe"

Wine cannot find the ncurses library (libncursesw.so.5).
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
Application could not be started, or no application associated with the specified file.
ShellExecuteEx failed: Access denied.
lahmbi5678
Level 7
Level 7

Post by lahmbi5678 »

Hi,

you probably should install libncurses (32bit version), though this may not be the real issue. If it still wouldn't work, file a bug report.
nullwiz
Level 1
Level 1

Post by nullwiz »

I believe my problem is that the prebuilt mono is not installed in the win32 folder.
Because if I run the program I get

wine: Install Mono for Windows to run .NET applications.
I installed dotnet20 from winetricks using winetricks .
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

If you installed dotnet20 with winetricks you shouldn't be getting the message to install Mono. Are you sure you installed it to the same wineprefix the app is in?
nullwiz
Level 1
Level 1

Post by nullwiz »

dimesio wrote:If you installed dotnet20 with winetricks you shouldn't be getting the message to install Mono. Are you sure you installed it to the same wineprefix the app is in?

[nullwiz@linx ~]$ WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.win32 ./winetricks dotnet20 
Executing w_do_call dotnet20
dotnet20 already installed, skipping
I dont know what it can be..
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Are you specifying that wineprefix when you run the program? You need to.
nullwiz
Level 1
Level 1

Post by nullwiz »

Yeah, I was doing that. Anyway, I dont know how I fixed that and now the game runs just fine (I think it had to do with installing a couple of things I saw on the web..still there are some issues like, i cant log in to the online mode :evil: )
But I will try to fix as much as I cant. Many thanks.