Pegasus Mail is not go on Mint15

Questions about Wine on Linux
Ian Balchin
Level 1
Level 1

Pegasus Mail is not go on Mint15

Post by Ian Balchin »

Hi,

I am using Pegasus Mail 4.6.3 (latest). I have a fresh install of Mint 14 Nadia 64-bit and this comes with Wine 1.4.1

Pegasus installed fine in the default directory but I get IERenderer errors on startup despite having disabled this. There is also a Pegasus error 'in safecall method' but giving the OK to all errors leaves the programme running and then I can send and receive email but this is not right. Additionally, activating the inbuilt help will crash the programme.

Any Pegasus users out there who could help please. I am reasonably technical but my wine experience is zero.

I note that a year back on Mint 13 I ran Pegasus as an experiment and seemed to have no problems.

Ian
dimesio

Re: Pegasus Mail is not go on Mint15

Post by dimesio »

Try upgrading Wine to 1.6 or later. If the problem persists, post terminal output. http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#get_log
Ian Balchin
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Ian Balchin »

Worse. The IERenderer error when closed now kills Pegasus entirely. The last lines are

fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 67 of CGID_ShellDocView
fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 67 of CGID_ShellDocView
err:seh:setup_exception_record stack overflow 816 bytes in thread 003e eip 7e98d191 esp 00241000 stack 0x240000-0x241000-0x340000
Killed
inksi@hypatia ~/.wine/drive_c/PMAIL/Programs $

There are more fixme lines than the buffer holds so I see nothing previous to them.

Ian
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

That sounds like it might be http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=31151. Try disabling IERenderer.dll in winecfg.
Ian Balchin
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Ian Balchin »

Hello,

Following the procedure of renaming IERenderer.dl and providing a symlink to bearhtml.dll we are up and running.

I want to follow up my post on this issue to the pmail list. So I will post this fix there.

The other issue is that the use of IERenderer to provide better treatment of html files than using Pegasus's then inbuilt html routines was recent (bearhtml?). A slightly earlier versions of Pegaus may work well from square 1. I will check this out.

regards
Ian