DIALux evo - installs but not launching......

Questions about Wine on Linux
GreggC2006

DIALux evo - installs but not launching......

Post by GreggC2006 »

I am not very well versed in the ways of wine so I am hoping someone can point me right here!

I am a lighting designer and have a need to use the above mentioned Windows software which can be downloaded free from here:-
http://www.dial.de/DIAL/en/dialux/downl ... evo-2.html

I have installed it seemingly sucessfully with wine but whenever I try to launch it the splash screen pops up momentarily then the app crashes.

I did try installing a few native bits and pieces with winetricks that i remember needing with an older version of DIALux that I managed to get (almost)working with wine a couple of years ago to no avail

I have run from command line and I get:-

Code: Select all

$ wine "c:\Program Files (x86)\DIAL GmbH\DIALux\DIALux.exe"
fixme:actctx:parse_assembly_elem wrong namespace L"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2"
fixme:actctx:parse_manifest_buffer failed to parse manifest L"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\DIAL GmbH\\DIALux\\DIALux.exe.manifest"
fixme:mscoree:parse_supported_runtime sku=L".NETFramework,Version=v4.0" not implemented
fixme:mscoree:CLRMetaHost_GetRuntime Unrecognized version L"v4.0"
The entry point method could not be loaded
Unfortunately I have no clue what to do next, any pointers greatly appreciated.
DanKegel

Re: DIALux evo - installs but not launching......

Post by DanKegel »

"winetricks dotnet40", maybe?
GreggC2006

Post by GreggC2006 »

DanKegel wrote:"winetricks dotnet40", maybe?
Yeah, that was one of the native bits I grabbed with winetricks, I was wondering if using an older version of dotnet might work as the output seemed to be grumbling about dotnet40?? That said, I really don't know anything like enough to begin picking the bones out of this one so I might have it all completely arse about face!!
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

GreggC2006 wrote:Yeah, that was one of the native bits I grabbed with winetricks, I was wondering if using an older version of dotnet might work as the output seemed to be grumbling about dotnet40??
The grumbling output indicates that you did not install dotnet40 and are still using wine-mono. Try again with a clean wineprefix.
GreggC2006

Post by GreggC2006 »

OK, so a couple of fresh prefixes later and now I'm getting:-

Code: Select all

fixme:actctx:parse_assembly_elem wrong namespace L"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2"
fixme:actctx:parse_manifest_buffer failed to parse manifest L"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\DIAL GmbH\\DIALux\\DIALux.exe.manifest"
err:module:import_dll Library mscoree.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\DIAL GmbH\\DIALux\\DIALux.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\DIAL GmbH\\DIALux\\DIALux.exe" failed, status c0000135
I really have no clue what's missing/wrong this time round?!?!?!?
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

You've gotten rid of wine-mono, but haven't installed real .NET. You are also using a 64 bit wineprefix; try a 32 bit one. http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#32_bit_wineprefix