bomastudio
Level 1
Level 1

java3d

Post by bomastudio »

Hi all, I've got a problem with this (free) software

http://www.ingegnerianet.it/

I'm using v. 4.2.9

It requires Java 3D, and DirectX. After installing DirectX it starts, but with this error (I summarize it):

Code: Select all

Exception in Thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedlinkError: no j3d-core-d3d in java.library.path
Any help?
lahmbi5678
Level 7
Level 7

Re: java3d

Post by lahmbi5678 »

Hi,

I assume, you did you install Java and java3d in wine? The error message indicates that you need to set some java.library.path variable pointing to the java 3d files (presumably a .jar). A quick workaround may be putting the j3d*.jar files into the directory of the .exe, and start wine and the .exe from there.

Quick googling found me a link, that describes how it is done in linux (not wine!) http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4098 ... figuration , that doesn't solve your problem, but maybe helps understanding. Under windows/wine it should be enough to set a PATH variable in the same way, either start "wine cmd", then something like "set PATH=%PATH%;C:\pathtoj3ddirectory" (the directory, not the file, everything in windows style, not linux format). Alternatively it should work, if you just type in a linux shell "path=C:\\pathtoj3ddirectory wine yourjavaapp.exe" (\\ instead of \, as the shell will escape them).
bomastudio
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bomastudio »

Tried all the three solutions but none solve. Well I use PlayOnLinux, so I use to click on Configuration -> Wine (tab) -> Command prompt

after that

set PATH=%PATH%;C:\Program Files\Java\Java3D\1.5.2\bin

And than restart wine.

But nothing, the same error. Am I wrong?
lahmbi5678
Level 7
Level 7

Post by lahmbi5678 »

Playonlinux is not officially supported here, yet this is probably a simple issue with missing paths.

Copying the j3d*.jar files to the .exe's location should work. If you start wine and your .exe via a desktop link (aka desktop icon) it might be necessary to set the working directory to the path of the exe (right click on icon, properties, working path), Windows automatically assumes the .exe's directory to be the working directory, wine doesn't.

Configuration -> Wine (tab) -> Command prompt
after that
set PATH=%PATH%;C:\Program Files\Java\Java3D\1.5.2\bin
And than restart wine.
In that approach you shouldn't restart wine, if that means closing the terminal session. You should cd to the .exe's location, then set the path, then start the application, as you would in a dos terminal under windows.
lahmbi5678
Level 7
Level 7

Post by lahmbi5678 »

I just tried the application myself, using latest java 1.7 and java3d, I used the .exe installers, which seemed to copy some j3d*.dlls (not jars) to some locations. I didn't get the same exception, but my d3d didn't work for the application, too. This was probably due to my old ati hardware and drivers. I have been able to get past that error by clicking on 3D->Optione3D, then setting jOGL and then exitting gracefully via "Esci" (otherwise the application wouldn't save the option). Still the whole application was quite unstable, I tried to do a calculation and get some graphical output, yet the graphics were flickering constantly and I got some java exceptions (one about swing?). Is this application running stable under windows and java 1.7?
bomastudio
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] java3d

Post by bomastudio »

WOW now its works setting jOGL. I copied

j3dcore.jar
j3dutils.jar
vecmath.jar

in the *.exe directory.
Is this application running stable under windows and java 1.7?
yes, of course. I think this could be attributed to your ati card.

So, trying to understand deeper, I make:

1. New installation
2. Install DirectX 9
3. Configure wine (override libraries: d3d8 and d3d9 (native))
4. Change to JOGL - OpenGL 1.3

and the software runs well (after load a file and view it in 3D solid I nedd to rotate (mouse wheel) the scene and it works fine.

No need to copy *.dll ot *.jar anywhere.
I whish it could be usefull.

Thanx lahmbi5678!!!!
lahmbi5678
Level 7
Level 7

Post by lahmbi5678 »

Nice to hear that it works fine for you. I still think you should file a bug report for the d3d issue, even if it won't be resolved quickly.