WoW DirectX error

Questions about Wine on Linux
themainliner
Level 2
Level 2

WoW DirectX error

Post by themainliner »

Thought I'd never see this again and I can't help feeling it's easy to fix and I do know how to do it. So sorry, in advance.

I'm using antiX M13 Core amd64, based on Debian Testing. I installed Wine1.5 from the Liquorix (Ubuntu) repos...I have the 3.9-7.dmz.1-liquorix-amd64 kernel installed and the Nvidia 319.23 drivers installed.

I'm getting this show stopper when launching WoW:

Code: Select all

wine '/media/Games/World of Warcraft/Wow.exe' -opengl
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation 0x148c000 0 0x189fef4 4
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x189ed18,0x00000000), stub!
err:wgl:has_opengl Failed to load libGL: libGL.so.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
err:wgl:has_opengl OpenGL support is disabled.
Wine is 1.6rc3, I wanted 1.5.30 but, hey, I got more than I bargained for. Any advice on rolling back to 1.5.30 (which I've had not issues with) would be interesting.

Cheers. :mrgreen:
dimesio

Re: WoW DirectX error

Post by dimesio »

Install 32 bit opengl.
themainliner
Level 2
Level 2

Post by themainliner »

Could you be a little more specific about which package to install? Ta.
qwest
Level 2
Level 2

Post by qwest »

Click 'yes' when prompted to install 32-bit opengl libraries when using nVidia's driver installer. If using a packaged driver and the 32-bit libraries are missing, then file a bug report against that package.
themainliner
Level 2
Level 2

Post by themainliner »

I use the smxi script to install graphics drivers, but I can run them manually myself...and select the 32-bit libraries.

Not that it made any difference whatsoever. Sorry. :D

Any other suggestions?
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

If you're still getting

err:wgl:has_opengl Failed to load libGL: libGL.so.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
err:wgl:has_opengl OpenGL support is disabled.
then you still haven't installed 32 bit opengl properly. Note you may need to make a symlink for Wine to find it.
themainliner
Level 2
Level 2

Post by themainliner »

Excellent thank you dimesio!
you may need to make a symlink for Wine to find it.
So, how do I do that? :D Then (fingers crossed) I'm outta here!
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Can't help you with that, as I don't use Debian, and have no idea where it puts things.

I did just notice that you said in your original post that you used an Ubuntu package on a Debian distro; that's probably the cause of your problem. Use a package built for your distro.
themainliner
Level 2
Level 2

Post by themainliner »

There isn't a package built for my distro...this may well be part of the issue, however, I do have a working install of Wine on another antiX M13 install. Essentially, I had some issues...but "eventually" got it working "somehow". Now I have a fresh install and I'll trying to step back through my process and "discover" how it's done.

To be honest, and this is NOT a criticism of anyone, least of all Wine which I consider invaluable, but x64 is a mess...if your distro doesn't have a package in it's repos you pretty much f~#ked. The best advice I can give anyone using an x64 GNU\Linux withouty a packaged Wine is "Hey, it might just work for you. If it doesn't I have a raft of things you can do to fix it, but ultimately it's all down to luck." I compiled Wine from source several times on Debian Squeeze, so I thought well, if push comes to shove I'll just do that but I descended into dependency hell just trying to install the all the pre-requisites. :mrgreen: I do love all this distro dismantling though, you always learn something. Even if it's that my best advice is rip out your x64 distro and install a 32-bit and everything will be so much easier.

libgl.so... is in /usr/lib if that helps...I also have some other interesting folders: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu (and /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu ofc) all your hjelp is very welcome, I'm casting around in the dark here. :mrgreen: BTW I did try this:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/lib32:/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu" WINEPREFIX="/home/%username%/.wine" wine '/media/Games/World of Warcraft/Wow.exe' -opengl
- no difference...
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

On openSUSE 12.3 with the 310.44 Nvidia driver, /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 is a symlink to /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2, and /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1 is a symlink to /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.310.44. However, it won't be the exactly the same on a Debian-based system, because their implementation of multiarch is different. Those differences are the reason 64 bit Debian-based systems have problems with 32 bit apps that true multiarch distros like openSUSE and Fedora do not.