Specific Application is Ignored

Questions about Wine on Linux
Elithraldor

Specific Application is Ignored

Post by Elithraldor »

Hello,

In an attempt to get Photomatix Pro 4.2.7 to work in wine I have encountered a slight problem.

In winecfg if I create specific application settings for PhotomatixPro.exe they are simply ignored and wine uses the default. Even though I go to the folder and 'wine PhotomatixPro.exe', the Default Settings are used nevertheless. Further, I have tried to add all the .exe files belonging to photomatix to the application settings, to no avail.

If I setup the Default Settings as required for photomatix it works fine. However, if I create specific application settings they are ignored and I would prefer not having the Default Settings being for photomatix.

I'm on Xubuntu 12.04 with wine 1.5.31 running in 32bit mode.

Hope you can help.
Elithraldor

Re: Specific Application is Ignored

Post by Elithraldor »

Just found out that It isn't just photomatix that is being ignored.

Every single specific application setting is being ignored and wine uses only the default settings..
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Exactly what settings are you trying to change, how are you changing them, and how do you know they are being ignored?
Elithraldor

Post by Elithraldor »

In winecfg:

Default Settings:
- no overrides in Libraries
- disabled emulate desktop in Graphics

Photomatix.exe (or heroes3.exe or ...):
- overrides: dotnet20=(native,builtin) and gdiplus=(native,builtin) in Libraries (required for photomatix)
- emulate desktop enabled with 800x600 in Graphics

When I start photomatix, or any other application, the virtual desktop is present and photomatix does not work. If I change the overrides in the Default Settings photomatix works without the emulated desktop.
Elithraldor

Post by Elithraldor »

Made a minor mistake (why can't you edit posts?!)

replace last line with:
When I start photomatix, or any other application, the virtual desktop is not present and photomatix does not work. If I change the overrides in the Default Settings photomatix works without the emulated desktop.