white window o.O

Questions about Wine on macOS.
endy

white window o.O

Post by endy »

Hi! I'm new to Wine and I am trying to get Scribblenauts Unlimited from my Steam Account to work under it; and I think it does, but I get a white window. That is to say, the game is seemingly running perfectly (responds to controls and playing sounds correctly) except it gives me no visuals but a white canvas o.O I'm running version 1.4.1 on a Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 and 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3 with Intel HD 3000 Graphics 384 MB. Please help!
endy

Re: white window o.O

Post by endy »

OK, so I've looked up the Wine.log and found this error message:

err:wgl:is_extension_supported No OpenGL extensions found, check if your OpenGL setup is correct!

I know OpenGL is used to render graphics so this obviously seems to be the core problem. What I don't know is if I can fix this. Somewhere on the WWW I read that OpenGL is broken on Macs with Intel chip T_T If that's the case then please say so.
Maexel
Level 3
Level 3

Re: white window o.O

Post by Maexel »

Hi endy,

Check the minimal system requirements of the game:
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/CY ... /11531?p=r

The Intel graphic card in this MacBook Pro Model isn't fulfilling the minimal requirements. What you might can try although, is to run it under Windows via BootCamp. Because the Windows drivers can get you a better performance out of your hardware (not guaranteed!).

Cheers mate,
Maexel