Guild Wars 2 not detecting 64-bit system in Wine 1.5.22

Questions about Wine on Linux
ghirkin

Guild Wars 2 not detecting 64-bit system in Wine 1.5.22

Post by ghirkin »

After updating Wine from 1.5.21 to 1.5.22 Guild Wars 2 is no longer detecting my system as being 64-bit, as if I were running it in a 32-bit Wine prefix. (When Guild Wars 2 is run on a 64-bit OS, it is supposed to enable higher-resolution textures.)

I have tried reinstalling Wine, and creating a new prefix with WINEARCH=win64 set, but I am still refused access to the higher graphics options. I am running Xubuntu 12.10 x64, no Winetricks enabled, only this patch for embedded chromium browsers.

Just wondering if there are any known work-arounds to this issue?
dimesio

Re: Guild Wars 2 not detecting 64-bit system in Wine 1.5.22

Post by dimesio »

Patched versions of Wine are not supported here. Retest in plain Wine, and if the problem persists, run a regression test and file a bug.
ghirkin

Post by ghirkin »

I removed the patch - and the issue is still there.
I accidentally installed Wine 1.4 in the process, and decided to see if the bug was present under that while I had the chance.
Wine 1.4 does allow me to use the hires textures. (Although the launcher is broken in 1.4)

I'll give the RegressionTesting page a read-through, and hopefully take a look at doing it tomorrow, downloading the source is going to take me a while; plus I'm not exactly experienced with this sort of thing - but I'll give it a shot. :wink:
simpak

Post by simpak »

ghirkin wrote:After updating Wine from 1.5.21 to 1.5.22 Guild Wars 2 is no longer detecting my system as being 64-bit, as if I were running it in a 32-bit Wine prefix. (When Guild Wars 2 is run on a 64-bit OS, it is supposed to enable higher-resolution textures.)

I have tried reinstalling Wine, and creating a new prefix with WINEARCH=win64 set, but I am still refused access to the higher graphics options. I am running Xubuntu 12.10 x64, no Winetricks enabled, only this patch for embedded chromium browsers.

Just wondering if there are any known work-arounds to this issue?

Please update all your drivers.. :)