help Installing Project 64

Questions about Wine on macOS.
Divade011

help Installing Project 64

Post by Divade011 »

i just got wine and downloaded it, following http://www.davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/

IExplorer went through X11 fine and ran, but it seems to freeze up when i try running P64.
i wait a while then force close it, i'm not sure if it has something to do with it using X11 instead of Xquarts.

any ideas on how to get it running?
Maexel
Level 3
Level 3

Re: help Installing Project 64

Post by Maexel »

Hi Divade011,

Is this an N64 emulator you're talking about? If it's the case, please notice that wine is not working on core-level. This might be the reason that P64 is not able to run...

Hope this explanation has helped.

Cheers mate,
Maexel
Maexel
Level 3
Level 3

Re: help Installing Project 64

Post by Maexel »

Hi,

If it's the emulator, it is running under my OS (Mac OS X 10.5.8) with wine version 1.5.18 (haven't updated yet :roll: ... by the way... can anybody tell me what the benefits of updating to newest version brings? It's that all my programs are working fine right now, so I don't want to risk one wouldn't do so anymore due to regression :wink: )

What is important although to make a ROM work, is that you copy it into the folder where P64 has been installed to.
To do so, type: open ~/.wine in Terminal and change trough drive_c --> Program Files --> [Folder's name].

Let us know if you've been able to let it run... As long if it's the case we're talking about the emulator :wink:

Cheers mate,
Maexel