Running Raptr

Questions about Wine on Linux
SPMcKinney
Level 1
Level 1

Running Raptr

Post by SPMcKinney »

Raptr Download site - http://raptr.com/download

First off I am an extreme newb when it comes to Wine so please bear with me. I use PlayOnLinux to help me with the... organizing I guess it is (open POL and have all my wine programs right there) and to help with different Wine versions.

I'm such a newb I really don't know what to ask...
1. Does anyone have this running even at the bare minimum (tracking games/hidden achievements)? If so what DLLs do you use?
2. How do I know what DLLs I need to run an program? (I always check the site for the ranking on an application)

Thank you so much to anyone that can help me
dimesio

Re: Running Raptr

Post by dimesio »

SPMcKinney
Level 1
Level 1

Post by SPMcKinney »

It runs once fine but when I try to reopen it after its been closed it shows in the Notification bar and when I click it to open (either right or left) my computer freezes. I was restarting my Display manager (MDM) but ctrl+alt+delete then closing that window unfreezes it for some reason.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Check to see if there are any Wine processes left running after you close the app.
SPMcKinney
Level 1
Level 1

Post by SPMcKinney »

I have no idea what is going on with it but I can open it fine a second time now and double left click to open it from the notification bar. I can't fully close it though because I can't right click it in the notification menu and all pressing the close button (the X) on the app itself just minimizes it. I finally found out how to check the processes (the Windows Task Manager?) is it safe to 'End Process' on Raptr.exe to close it?
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Yes, you can terminate it that way. Make sure all Wine processes are also terminated.
SPMcKinney
Level 1
Level 1

Post by SPMcKinney »

Thank you