Game Pad issues

Questions about Wine on Linux
Xaero

Game Pad issues

Post by Xaero »

Okay, so I have a Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 here, which works flawlessly in native Linux apps, and *most* games via Wine. It works perfectly in both modes it supports in joytester which is a nice replacement for the windows joypad testing utility. A great example of a game that it doesn't work in is Castle Crashers. Everything about Castle Crashers works perfect, except this; in fact it works better on Linux than it does on Windows barring this issue. If I have it set to DX (dinput) mode the game doesn't respond to the controller at all, but presents the gamepad config page as if an xbox controller is connected. If the gamepad is functioning as an xbox 360 controller (I don't remember the name but its no longer dinput) the game still doesn't respond and still presents it as if an xbox controller is connected.

Is there any sort of tweak I can perform to try and get this controller to function properly in this case? It functions well in most cases, but doesn't function for this particular game, and probably some others that look for xbox 360 gamepads. Interesting to note, if you switch modes, the device properly changes all of its identification strings both to Linux, which can be viewed with something like qjoypad, and in Wine which can be viewed with joytester. It changes its name, and several of its characteristics, transparent to the OS.