Help with uninstallation

Questions about Wine on macOS.
Rin324

Help with uninstallation

Post by Rin324 »

I installed Wine last year, but then uninstalled it not too long afterwards. However, one of the games I ran with Wine (while it was installed) is still trying to use the "wineserver", even after completely uninstalling the game itself and reinstalling it normally. I don't see the wine app anywhere on my Mac, but for some reason, the game keeps trying to use it when I start up the game. I'm not sure if the wineserver is also the cause of my saved games being saved to the wrong destination too, but it's getting frustrating. Is there a way to completely remove the wineserver? & if so, how?

Any help you can give would be much appreciated!
Thanks.
doh123
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Help with uninstallation

Post by doh123 »

That makes no sense... if you installed a Windows game, its not going to run at all without using Wine in some way or another. Crossover, Wineskin, etc... all run a "wineserver" as well. If your running a Cider or Wineskin ported game, they'll launch their own wineserver thats built in.

If you want to make sure the Wine you installed is actually gone, you need to tell us exactly how you installed it in the first place.
Rin324

Re: Help with uninstallation

Post by Rin324 »

Nevermind. I didn't realize that a Cider ported game has its own wineserver built in.
My mistake.

Sorry! & Thanks for the help anyway!