Dreamweaver CS6 with Wine 1.5.11

Questions about Wine on Linux
Nice10150
Level 2
Level 2

Dreamweaver CS6 with Wine 1.5.11

Post by Nice10150 »

I know it's officially not supported, but I'm experimenting to run Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 with Wine 1.5.11. I'm actually pretty far and it seems that I'm missing something, but have currently no clue...

It sometimes helps to ask others for advice, so hereby... does anybody know why I get weird characters when I open a HTML document? If I copy the text from the HTML document (copy-past) to notepad.exe which I also run with the same Wine version the characters change to normal text...

Attached I have also the terminal text log and two screen shots which make the problem clear. I also need to say that all text in the menus and system messages is in normal English (without weird characters).
Attachments
Dreamweaver-CS⁻Screen.jpg
Dreamweaver-CS6-TEXT.jpg
dimesio

Re: Dreamweaver CS6 with Wine 1.5.11

Post by dimesio »

Looks like it's using a symbol font. Try winetricks corefonts.
Nice10150
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Nice10150 »

dimesio wrote:Looks like it's using a symbol font. Try winetricks corefonts.
The corefonts are already installed
Nice10150
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Nice10150 »

Currently the feedback I get from running Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 is

Code: Select all

[testing@localhost Adobe Dreamweaver CS6]$ wine Dreamweaver.exe
p11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: /usr/lib/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 52, 0x32f968, 0x32f9d8 0x32f970
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 52, 0x32f938, 0x32fbb4 0x32f940
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f6ec,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:ntdll:NtSetInformationToken unimplemented class 24
fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 52, 0x32ee04, 0x32f080 0x32ee0c
fixme:dciman:DCICreatePrimary 0x3e0 0x57552ac
fixme:advapi:SetNamedSecurityInfoW L"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Common Files\\Adobe\\Adobe PCD" 1 -2147483644 0x1c04fc 0x1c0508 0x1c05d0 (nil)
fixme:advapi:SetNamedSecurityInfoW L"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Common Files\\Adobe\\Adobe PCD\\cache" 1 -2147483644 0x1c04fc 0x1c0508 0x1c05d0 (nil)
fixme:advapi:SetNamedSecurityInfoW L"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Common Files\\Adobe\\caps" 1 -2147483644 0x1c04fc 0x1c0508 0x1c05d0 (nil)
fixme:wtsapi:WTSRegisterSessionNotification Stub 0x10088 0x00000001
fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate (0x10088), partial stub!
fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate ((nil)), partial stub!
fixme:appbar:SHAppBarMessage unknown msg: 4
fixme:appbar:handle_appbarmessage SHAppBarMessage(ABM_GETSTATE): stub
fixme:appbar:handle_appbarmessage SHAppBarMessage(ABM_GETTASKBARPOS, hwnd=(nil)): stub
fixme:appbar:handle_appbarmessage SHAppBarMessage(ABM_GETTASKBARPOS, hwnd=(nil)): stub
fixme:shell:SHGetFileInfoW set icon to shell size, stub
err:shell:SHGetFileInfoW pidl is null!
err:shell:SHGetFileInfoW pidl is null!
libpng warning: Interlace handling should be turned on when using png_read_image
libpng warning: Interlace handling should be turned on when using png_read_image
fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0x5038a, 0xa258048): stub
PIPanel::DetermineInspectorTypeForSelection(): docState = 0x09940448
err:ole:CoUninitialize Mismatched CoUninitialize
[testing@localhost Adobe Dreamweaver CS6]$ 
Nice10150
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Nice10150 »

I solved the problem, and Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 works flawless – the problem is that I not really understand why it now works.

What did I do... I installed a few things that I wanted messed up the /.wine folder so the quickest and easiest way too clean this up is to copy the /.wine folder to a backup folder. Deleted the original /.wine folder and run Wine Boot. After that I copied everything in drive_c back from the backup to the /.wine folder, that done I started wine regedit and imported the original MS Windows XP register entries for Adobe Dreamweaver CS6...

Now Dreamweaver CS6 works without any problems, no funny characters and it seems also a bit more responsive. Additional to the characters being correctly displayed, Adobe Extension Manager CS6 also works and I'm able to install extensions... (something like a bonus)

Now I only need to figure out why it works... and previously not...
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

You can avoid having programs mess things up for each other by installing them in separate wineprefixes. http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#wineprefix
Nice10150
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Nice10150 »

dimesio wrote:You can avoid having programs mess things up for each other by installing them in separate wineprefixes. http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#wineprefix
Thanks for the information, but I know how to use wineprefixes, I run tests on a computer I only use for testing, so the delete button is often the fastest way to start over.
mbunal

Post by mbunal »

how did you run dw cs6 on linux?
Nice10150
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Nice10150 »

Currently I use Wine 1.5.20 and Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 runs fine.

Yes Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 runs fine with Wine, only the installation doesn't work so you need a MS Windows computer, I use a MS Windows XP virtual machine with Oracle Virtualbox.

You need to install Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 in MS Windows XP, enter your serial number and register it. After that you copy the program files/adobe folder to .wine/drive_c/program files/adobe

copy the program files/common folder to .wine/drive_c/common

copy the /windows/sxs to .wine/drive_c/windows/sxs

and copy the /windows/system32 to .wine/drive_c/windows/system32

Now you have to open regedit on your MS Windows computer and search for adobe, after you find one you click on it and export the entry...(probably you find two entries)

In wine you now can import the register entries by typing wine regedit.exe name-of-the-file.reg

Now if you start Dreamweaver you probably get an error, so you have to download the Adobe Application manager http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/ ... ftpID=4773. Install the Adobe Application Manager with Wine and now when Dreamweaver starts you need to enter your serial number again and registration... finished and dreamweaver will run faster than when you use it with MS Windows...
mkshuvo

Post by mkshuvo »

how did u solved the problem regarding symbol??
Nice10150
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Nice10150 »

mkshuvo wrote:how did u solved the problem regarding symbol??
I'm not sure what I did the second time I installed DW CS6 with Wine, but for my feelings I did exactly did the same thing. Currently I use Wine 1.6rc2 and Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 still works...

I only have some text disappearing in the website setup, but I'm confident that I soon will find a solution for that....