[Resolved] Unable to browse/open Macromedia flash 8 .flas

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
pcdoctor
Level 1
Level 1

[Resolved] Unable to browse/open Macromedia flash 8 .flas

Post by pcdoctor »

Update: I changed the permissions on the file that I was trying to open. That fixed my problem.

I'm unable to browse flash 8 .flas. When trying to open .flas nothing shows up in the directory window for me to open. Even when doing an all files directory listing. This happens intermittently. This is a pc with wine 0.9.59 and kubuntu 7.10.
When I am able to browse .flas, I get an error when trying to open them.
I've even copied the .flas to the wine drive_c folder to see if that would make a difference but it didn't. All of the .flas that I have are in file format flash 8 or earlier. I even tried another pc with 8.04 installed and that didn't make a difference. Oh yeah, I can create and open new files from scratch but can't open existing ones from flash and cartooning books for tutorials that I need to work on. I'll try opening the same files on a windows xp laptop but I'm pretty sure I won't have a problem on the xp machine.

* Update: I'm able to open the files using a xp machine.

If anyone wants to see if they can open the two fla's that I trying to use, here you go:
(I tried opening them with flash 8 and a trial version of flash mx.)

http://webpages.charter.net/glenise/pics/robot.fla

http://webpages.charter.net/glenise/pic ... 0cycle.fla

Any ideas?

Last edited by pcdoctor on Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Try upgrading to the newest Wine.
pcdoctor
Level 1
Level 1

Post by pcdoctor »

Update: I changed the permissions on the file that I was trying to open. That fixed my problem.

I'm having problems installing 1.0 on gutsy 7.10. I did a
./configure
make
make clean
I think I then did a make install.
I wish 1.0 was available for 7.10 without compiling.

Update:
Using Kubuntu 8.04 and wine 1.0 RC3 I still can't get .flas from 2+ animation books to open.
I tried Macromedia flash 8.0 and a trial version of flash mx.
Both flash programs give me the same error.
Wine .0.9.59 and 1.0 give the same error.

If anyone wants to see if they can open the two fla's that I trying to use, here you go:
(I tried opening them with flash 8 and a trial version of flash mx.)