Wine, connection with USB-to-serial cable

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
cpighin
Level 2
Level 2

Wine, connection with USB-to-serial cable

Post by cpighin »

:) Hi,

I am trying to use a Wine application that use a serial cable to connect with a device to be programmed.

Until now I had no success and I need yor help, please :)

This is the code i get with command lsusb

Code: Select all

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 058f:a014 Alcor Micro Corp. Asus Integrated Webcam
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0bda:0139 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. Card reader
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 067b:2303 Prolific Technology, Inc. PL2303 Serial Port
The last line should be the data of the USB-to-serial cable.

I created a symbolic link with command: sudo ln -s /dev/ttyUSB0 ~/.wine/dosdevices/com1

Any idea on how to proceed?

Claudio :)
cpighin
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Wine, connection with USB-to-serial cable

Post by cpighin »

:) waiting for help,

I tried command "sudo ln -s /dev/tty0 ~/.wine/dosdevices/com1" instead of the one above posted (tty0 insted of ttyUSB0), with the same result: my Windows appllication pops up, but gives "Error Serial Port Opening" when attenpting to connect.

dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Create the symlink as a normal user.
cpighin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by cpighin »

:)
Create the symlink as a normal user.
If I do so, the created link will appear as "interrupted". This is the reason why I created it as superuser.

Dimesio, as far as you know, is it correct to link to tty0 or to ttyUSB0?

oiaohm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by oiaohm »

cpighin that you could not create symbolic link as normal user I would guess you don't have access to it as your normal user.

Basically you sudo the wrong thing completely. chown on the device to allow your user access with sudo. Then ln -s as normal user should work. Then wine should be able to talk to it.

Yes permission error. Switching to root to by pass a permission error normally sees you hit it again.
cpighin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by cpighin »

:) Thanks olaohm.

I guess your mother tongue is not English, like me (I am Italian). This to say that I don't understand well your post.

Would you please try to explain better what you mean?

oiaohm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by oiaohm »

cpighin I am Australian. English is my native language just I am not great at it. I write horribly complex and badly formatted english. I don't mind complaints about it.

ls -l /dev/ttyUSB0
Take notice of the access rights. Under debian this will be

crw-rw---- 1 root dialout

So why you will not be able to have ln -s work as a normal user. Is that your normal user is not root and is not in group dialout or what ever you distribution assigns.

So even creating the link wine running as you own user cannot connect to it.

What is required is.

sudo chown "username" /dev/ttyUSB0

Then ln -s as your user should work.

ln -s will not link to something you don't have permission to access. Wine cannot use something your user does not have permission to access.

chown is changing who owns the device so allowing access.

Using serial devices with wine does have its issues.
cpighin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by cpighin »

:) olaohm,

thank you for you patience :wink:

Note the result of command you suggested (impossible to access to /dev/ttyUSB0: File or directory non existing

claudio@ASUS-K53SJ:~$ ls -l /dev/ttyUSB0
ls: impossibile accedere a /dev/ttyUSB0: File o directory non esistente
As a matter of fact dev/ttyUSB0 is not present on my Ubuntu system, and this may be correct!
For this reason (lackness of ttySBB0) I was asking to myself and to Wine community
is it correct to link to tty0 or to ttyUSB0?
I remember that my problem is to allow communication of my pc to an external device connected by a USB-Serial Adapter and by a a Win_XP application guested by Ubuntu and Wine. Such application works fine,but does not connect with the external device due to a Serial port problem.

oiaohm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by oiaohm »

cpighin /dev/tty0 is for sure wrong that will be a virtual terminal not a serial port.

lsusb -t would be a good idea looking for something with usb-serial driver.

http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?12,4546

Being a usb serial converter if it working it will appear as /dev/ttyUSB? With the ? being a number if it working. If it was like a normal built in serial port it would appear as /dev/ttyS? against ? is a number.

If the serial port is not working to the point it appears as one of the two device places for serial port is a distrobution/device problem. As you can see by the reprap forum not all usb serial devices auto detect.
cpighin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by cpighin »

:) olaohm,

I think to be near to solution. I did few steps ahead.
Now I know that the devise to use is ttyS0 and Ubuntu see correctly my USB-Serial adapter, since I tested them with VirtualBox.

Command lsusb -t gave what follows

laudio@ASUS-K53SJ:~$ lsusb -t
/:  Bus 04.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci_hcd/2p, 5000M
/:  Bus 03.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci_hcd/2p, 480M
/:  Bus 02.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ehci-pci/2p, 480M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=hub, Driver=hub/6p, 480M
        |__ Port 2: Dev 3, If 0, Class=vend., Driver=pl2303, 12M
/:  Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ehci-pci/2p, 480M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=hub, Driver=hub/6p, 480M
        |__ Port 2: Dev 3, If 0, Class='bInterfaceClass 0x0e not yet handled', Driver=uvcvideo, 480M
        |__ Port 2: Dev 3, If 1, Class='bInterfaceClass 0x0e not yet handled', Driver=uvcvideo, 480M
        |__ Port 4: Dev 4, If 0, Class=vend., Driver=rts5139, 480M
My adapter should be "Port 2: Dev 3, If 0, Class=vend., Driver=pl2303, 12M"

Thans for you help.

cpighin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by cpighin »

I'm going to report few data to help readers to help me :wink:

I tried 2 terminal commands to have a debugging log report for "Omnia_xt.exe", which is the file name of the application which gives error running in Wine, when attempting to load data from an external device connected to pc trough a USb-to-Serial adapter.

If I give command

winedbg wine Omnia_xt.EXE &> /tmp/log.txt
log.txt file reports:
Couldn't start process 'wine Omnia_xt.EXE '
Note that such as a log is generated just after the input.
Than, I start my application by selection in ubuntu menu and, as far as I can understand, applications starts, as shown in the following image, and fails only when trying to open the Serial Port (Errore Apertura Porta Seriale), as shown in the middle of image.
Image.

If I give command

winedbg wine Omnia_xt.EXE &> /tmp/log.txt
log.txt file reports:
wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\Omnia_xt.EXE"
As above, the log is generated just after the input.
Than, I start my application by selection in ubuntu menu and I get the same behaviour and the same image.

Why I get 2 different reports when debugging same application?

Why I get warnings which appear to prevent My application tu run, but it starts and run fine, giving errors only when attempting to open a serial Port?

cpighin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by cpighin »

:) I did few steps ahead and I am confident to be near to solution. So your help would be essential.

First I realised that the Wine version installed in my 64 bit system is incompatible with the application I was trying to use, named Omnia, a software that allows a dialogue between pc and alarm devices through serial ports; in my system I had to add an USB-serial adapter connected to a USB port.

Than I re-installed Wine choosing a x86 version and than I re-installed the above mentioned application.

To let Wine recognize COM1, which is the physical device ttyUSB0 for Ubuntu, I gave the Terminal command

sudo ln-s / dev/ttyUSB0 ~ / .wine/dosdevices/com1
thus creating a symbolic link between such a device and COM1 of Wine.

Then I started my application and attempted to communicate with the alarm devise and, for the first time, the communication started :D , however, after a while ', i received a warning: Error reading address [§ 0026], Image
which should mean that the application do not "see" correctly the alarm device, possibly for not correct communication parameters.

Alarm assistance personnel informed that correct parameters should be the following:
speed 9600 bits/sec
8 bit data
no parity
1 bit stop
no flow control

I would like to test such parameters, but I do not know how to do in wine ...

oiaohm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by oiaohm »

speed 9600 bits/sec
8 bit data
no parity
1 bit stop
no flow control
These are not wine setting. stty or setserial native commands would be used to push these settings on to the port. Sorry I don't use serial ports that much any more so I have forgotten how todo the exact command.

Claudio Yes this is following wine tradition allow the host OS todo as much as possible.
cpighin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by cpighin »

The problem is still there, but I decided to install, on another machine running Ubuntu 12.04, Wine and the windows XP application (Omnia) that should dialogue with an alarm device, connected by cable and USB-serial adapter.

So, I have now two pc, with different Ubuntu OS, which can be helpful on finding out the reason of the connection error using application Omnia under Wine. I recall that such application works fine on a virtual Win XP installed on VirtulaBox which in turn has been installed on Ubuntu 13.04!
My aim is to make working Omnia on Wine as well!

Here under is a table with significant data of the two mentioned pc.
I hope this could help you on helping me on solving the actual problem: the connection between the application Omnia starts but i get Error Address Reading [ § 0026 ] in both systems.

André H.

Post by André H. »

oiaohm wrote: sudo chown "username" /dev/ttyUSB0
better idea:
sudo adduser yourusername dialout

cpighin: don't use sudo for the link, check the output of dmesg after plugging in your adapter to see which tty* it got assigned to.
cpighin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by cpighin »

:) Thanks Andrè.

My user name "claudio" was jet added in dialout grop.

This is the code I had after having plugged in my USB-serial adapter

claudio@ASUS-K53SJ:~$ dmesg | grep tty
[    0.000000] console [tty0] enabled
[   24.665387] usb 2-1.2: pl2303 converter now attached to ttyUSB0
[ 6646.495091] pl2303 ttyUSB0: pl2303 converter now disconnected from ttyUSB0
[33840.488924] usb 2-1.2: pl2303 converter now attached to ttyUSB0
I tried to change the link using command "ln -s /dev/ttyUSB0 ~/.wine/dosdevices/com1" but I got the same result as with link created by sudo.
Why you recommended not use sudo to create such a link?

This is the new table with a new line "link command"

André H.

Post by André H. »

cpighin wrote::) Thanks Andrè.

My user name "claudio" was jet added in dialout grop.
sure? output of 'groups'?
cpighin wrote: Why you recommended not use sudo to create such a link?
because you don't need.
cpighin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by cpighin »

Here it is, Andrè:

claudio@ASUS-K53SJ:~$ groups
claudio adm dialout cdrom sudo dip www-data plugdev lpadmin sambashare vboxusers
cpighin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by cpighin »

:) I have a news that may help on improving the situation.

In ASUS pc it has been proved that application Omnia (installed in Wine) communicates with Ubuntu and changes the speed parameter of the serial port tty/USB0.

Hereunder is the sequence of actions taken to prove that.

1) By command "sudo stty -F /dev/ttyUSB0 speed 38400", the system was forced to change serial port speed from 9600 to 38400 (an unusual value used to check Omnia behaviour)
2) Application Omnia was started
3) Command "stty -F /dev/ttyUSB0 -a" was given to sniff the serial port behaviour. Untill that time its speed was 38400 (see code)

claudio@ASUS-K53SJ:~$ sudo stty -F /dev/ttyUSB0 speed 38400
[sudo] password for claudio:
claudio@ASUS-K53SJ:~$ stty -F /dev/ttyUSB0 -a
speed 38400 baud; rows 0; columns 0; line = 0;
intr = ^C; quit = ^\; erase = ^?; kill = ^U; eof = ^D; eol = <undef>;
eol2 = <undef>; swtch = <undef>; start = ^Q; stop = ^S; susp = ^Z; rprnt = ^R;
werase = ^W; lnext = ^V; flush = ^O; min = 1; time = 0;
-parenb -parodd cs8 hupcl -cstopb cread clocal -crtscts
-ignbrk -brkint -ignpar -parmrk -inpck -istrip -inlcr -igncr icrnl ixon -ixoff
-iuclc -ixany -imaxbel -iutf8
opost -olcuc -ocrnl onlcr -onocr -onlret -ofill -ofdel nl0 cr0 tab0 bs0 vt0 ff0
isig icanon iexten echo echoe echok -echonl -noflsh -xcase -tostop -echoprt
echoctl echoke
4) A request of loading data from the alarm device was started and a new command "stty -F /dev/ttyUSB0 -a" was given, with the result that the serial port speed was changed to 1200 (the factory value).

claudio@ASUS-K53SJ:~$ stty -F /dev/ttyUSB0 -a
speed 1200 baud; rows 0; columns 0; line = 0;
intr = ^C; quit = ^\; erase = ^?; kill = ^U; eof = <undef>; eol = <undef>;
eol2 = <undef>; swtch = <undef>; start = <undef>; stop = <undef>; susp = ^Z;
rprnt = ^R; werase = ^W; lnext = ^V; flush = ^O; min = 0; time = 0;
parenb -parodd cs8 -hupcl -cstopb cread clocal -crtscts
ignbrk -brkint -ignpar -parmrk inpck -istrip -inlcr -igncr -icrnl -ixon -ixoff
-iuclc -ixany -imaxbel -iutf8
-opost -olcuc -ocrnl onlcr -onocr -onlret -ofill -ofdel nl0 cr0 tab0 bs0 vt0 ff0
-isig -icanon -iexten -echo echoe echok -echonl noflsh -xcase -tostop -echoprt
echoctl echoke
Of course a well known Error 0026 warning was shown after 30 seconds!

cpighin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by cpighin »

:) I continue to post news on the problem, with the hope of getting help from the community to run the application on ASUS-K53SJ with Ubuntu Wine Omnia as well as in Ubuntu > VirtulaBox > Win_XP and, in the other pc Aspire-1691 with Windows XP.

It has been verified that the application Omnia (Omnia_xt.exe ) starts regularly from the Ubuntu application menu, even if at present does not dialogue efficiently with the alarm device, while it does not if launched from Terminal by command:
wine Omnia_xt.exe

However, by command
WINEDEBUG = + loaddll wine / home / claudio / .wine / drive_c / BENTEL / Omnia_xt.exe
the process of starting the application begins, but does not complete regularly and ends with error.

The code provided by the Terminal is as follows

claudio@ASUS-K53SJ:~$ WINEDEBUG=+loaddll wine /home/claudio/.wine/drive_c/BENTEL/Omnia_xt.exe
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"KERNEL32.dll" at 0x7b810000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\wineboot.exe" at 0x7ebe0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\advapi32.dll" at 0x7eb70000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe" at 0x7ebe0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\advapi32.dll" at 0x7e980000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\gdi32.dll" at 0x7e700000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\version.dll" at 0x7eff0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\user32.dll" at 0x7e820000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\rpcrt4.dll" at 0x7e680000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\ole32.dll" at 0x7e9f0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\oleaut32.dll" at 0x7e550000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\shlwapi.dll" at 0x7e4d0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\windowscodecs.dll" at 0x7eb30000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\services.exe" at 0x7ebd0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\comctl32.dll" at 0x7e190000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\shell32.dll" at 0x7e2a0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\advapi32.dll" at 0x7eae0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\rpcrt4.dll" at 0x7eb50000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\userenv.dll" at 0x7eff0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winedevice.exe" at 0x7eff0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\advapi32.dll" at 0x7eb90000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\ntoskrnl.exe" at 0x7eb40000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\rpcrt4.dll" at 0x7eac0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\mountmgr.sys" at 0x7eaa0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\plugplay.exe" at 0x7eff0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\advapi32.dll" at 0x7eb90000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\rpcrt4.dll" at 0x7eb10000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\gdi32.dll" at 0x7e650000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\version.dll" at 0x7eff0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\user32.dll" at 0x7e770000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\shlwapi.dll" at 0x7e8d0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\comctl32.dll" at 0x7e540000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\shell32.dll" at 0x7e940000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\gdi32.dll" at 0x7e490000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\version.dll" at 0x7ea90000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\user32.dll" at 0x7e5c0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winex11.drv" at 0x7df70000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\uxtheme.dll" at 0x7dd60000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\explorer.exe" at 0x7ebe0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\advapi32.dll" at 0x7eaf0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\rpcrt4.dll" at 0x7eb60000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\gdi32.dll" at 0x7e870000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\user32.dll" at 0x7e9a0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winex11.drv" at 0x7e2b0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winex11.drv" at 0x7e280000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\uxtheme.dll" at 0x7e0d0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\rpcrt4.dll" at 0x7df10000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\ole32.dll" at 0x7dfa0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winex11.drv" at 0x7e650000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winevdm.exe" at 0x7eff0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\advapi32.dll" at 0x7e920000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\gdi32.dll" at 0x7e990000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\version.dll" at 0x7e900000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\user32.dll" at 0x7eab0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\imm32.dll" at 0x7e450000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\krnl386.exe16" at 0x7e850000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\shlwapi.dll" at 0x7e0b0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\comctl32.dll" at 0x7dfa0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\shell32.dll" at 0x7e130000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\uxtheme.dll" at 0x7e3d0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\ole32.dll" at 0x7de70000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winex11.drv" at 0x7e5f0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "krnl386.exe" : builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\system.drv16" at 0x7e5d0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "system.drv" : builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\comm.drv16" at 0x7e400000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "comm.drv" : builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\gdi.exe16" at 0x7e3d0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "gdi.exe" : builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\mpr.dll" at 0x7e350000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\user.exe16" at 0x7e380000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "user.exe" : builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\display.drv16" at 0x7e340000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "display.drv" : builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\keyboard.drv16" at 0x7e320000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "keyboard.drv" : builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\mouse.drv16" at 0x7e310000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "mouse.drv" : builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\rpcrt4.dll" at 0x7dfd0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\ole32.dll" at 0x7e060000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\msacm32.dll" at 0x7e200000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winmm.dll" at 0x7e230000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\mmsystem.dll16" at 0x7e2e0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "mmsystem.dll" : builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\sound.drv16" at 0x7e1f0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "sound.drv" : builtin
    trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "C:\\BENTEL\\Omnia_xt.exe" : native
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\toolhelp.dll16" at 0x7df90000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "TOOLHELP.DLL" : builtin
    trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "EXTDLL.DLL" : native
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\shlwapi.dll" at 0x7da70000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\comctl32.dll" at 0x7d970000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\shell32.dll" at 0x7daf0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winspool.drv" at 0x7df40000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\comdlg32.dll" at 0x7dd20000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\commdlg.dll16" at 0x7df80000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\uxtheme.dll" at 0x7df10000: builtin
    p11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: impossibile aprire il file oggetto condiviso: File o directory non esistente
    trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "COMMDLG.DLL" : builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\win87em.dll16" at 0x7d950000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "WIN87EM.DLL" : builtin
    trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "BIVBX11.DLL" : native
    fixme:toolhelp:InterruptRegister16 (0000, 0x11cf00ba), stub.
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\imm32.dll" at 0x7d590000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "C:\\IDAPI\\IDAPI01.DLL" : native
    fixme:int31:DOSVM_Int31Handler Real mode segment (173f) to descriptor: no longer supported
    trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "C:\\IDAPI\\IDR10009.DLL" : native
    trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "C:\\IDAPI\\ild01.DLL" : native
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\wineps.drv" at 0x7d470000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\spoolss.dll" at 0x7d550000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\localspl.dll" at 0x7d560000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\usp10.dll" at 0x7d3a0000: builtin
    trace:loaddll:NE_FreeModule Unloaded module "C:\\IDAPI\\ild01.DLL" : native
    trace:loaddll:NE_FreeModule Unloaded module "C:\\IDAPI\\IDR10009.DLL" : native
    fixme:int31:DOSVM_FreeRMCB callback address: 1001:0000
    trace:loaddll:NE_FreeModule Unloaded module "C:\\IDAPI\\IDAPI01.DLL" : native
    fixme:toolhelp:Interr
In addition, by starting it by command
wine / home / claudio / .wine / drive_c / BENTEL / Omnia_xt.exe
it happens that the process begins and ends in substantially the same way.

Here below the steps I recorded.
1) I have given the above command , the system has started to write the code visible in the image , then stopped and was shown the Wine Warning "Cannot open file H:\language\Italiano\italiano.021"

2 ) I clicked OK, the panel OmniaAcademy40-Omnia840 has been shown, and soon after, the Information Wine "Cannot open file H:\language\Italiano\italiano.500" has been shown without adding code

3 ) I clicked OK, the Information Wine "OK" has been shown without adding code

4) I clicked OK and the process has been terminated with the addition of the code in the image and without the complete starting of the application

Here is the code given by Terminal:

claudio - K53SJ @ ASUS : ~ $ wine / home / claudio / .wine / drive_c / BENTEL / Omnia_xt.exe
p11 -kit : could not load module : / usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so : / usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11 . I can not open shared object file : A file or directory that does not exist
fixme : TOOLHELP : InterruptRegister16 (0000 , 0x11cf00ba ) , stub .
fixme : int31 : DOSVM_Int31Handler Real mode segment ( 173F ) to descriptor : no longer supported
fixme : int31 : DOSVM_FreeRMCB callback address: 1001:0000
fixme : TOOLHELP : InterruptUnRegister16 (0000) , stub .
claudio - K53SJ @ ASUS : ~ $ 
A question arises:
a) why Omnia start properly from the application menu and it does not if launched by Terminal with command "wine Omnia_xt.exe" and the process starts by command "wine /home/claudio/.wine/drive_c/BENTEL/Omnia_xt.exe" even if it stops with error?

I would add another piece of information, pointing out that within the virtual system Win_XP ( on VirtualBox) the application Omnia runs properly, while not yet on Wine and, as seen above, it does not start correctly by Terminal. I thought that the reason for such behaviour could be a wrong location of files inside folder BENTEL (where Omnia_xt.exe is). To solve such a doubt I compared content of the two folders BENTEL present on Asus-K53SJ:

a) Ubuntu /home/claudio/.wine/drive_c
b) Ubuntu > VirtualBox > WinXP drive c:

and I have found that their contents were identical, so I guess it is not a problem of file location.

André H.

Post by André H. »

cpighin wrote: Here is the code given by Terminal:

claudio - K53SJ @ ASUS : ~ $ wine / home / claudio / .wine / drive_c / BENTEL / Omnia_xt.exe
p11 -kit : could not load module : / usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so : / usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11 . I can not open shared object file : A file or directory that does not exist
fixme : TOOLHELP : InterruptRegister16 (0000 , 0x11cf00ba ) , stub .
fixme : int31 : DOSVM_Int31Handler Real mode segment ( 173F ) to descriptor : no longer supported
fixme : int31 : DOSVM_FreeRMCB callback address: 1001:0000
fixme : TOOLHELP : InterruptUnRegister16 (0000) , stub .
claudio - K53SJ @ ASUS : ~ $ 
is it a 16-bit or win3.11 application??? have you tried using it with dosbox?
in wine you could also check following things for such old programs:

http://wine-wiki.org/index.php/Wine_Reg ... l_Com_Port
and in win.ini something like:
[serialports]
Com1=/dev/ttyS0
Com2=/dev/ttyS1
cpighin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by cpighin »

is it a 16-bit or win3.11 application??? have you tried using it with dosbox?
in wine you could also check following things for such old programs:

http://wine-wiki.org/index.php/Wine_Reg ... l_Com_Port
and in win.ini something like:
[serialports]
Com1=/dev/ttyS0
Com2=/dev/ttyS1
I know that application Omnia does not run in 64 bit systems and it works fine on 32 bit systems. For this reason I installed on ASUS-K53SJ (Ubuntu 13.04) a wine 32 bit version.

I tested the same application on the same pc into a Win_XP Virtual Machine and it works fine.

The communication between application Omnia and my alarm device should use Com1=/dev/ttyS0

In this discussion (in Italian) http://forum.ubuntu-it.org/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p4501645 we are actually investigating if the communication problem is caused by a DLL issue.

oiaohm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by oiaohm »

cpighin
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-8d8c06c ... 5c730566e0
and
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-3b297df ... b8edc21619

Important that you read. "wine /home/claudio/.wine/drive_c/BENTEL/Omnia_xt.exe" This is invalid to be passing into wine. Yes it does sometimes work but it brings out gremlins.

wine start /Unix /home/claudio/.wine/drive_c/BENTEL/Omnia_xt.exe
would be correct.

fixme : int31 : DOSVM_Int31Handler Real mode segment ( 173F ) to descriptor : no longer supported.

This is telling me very bad news. cpighin 64 bit Windows don't have this feature either.
I know that application Omnia does not run in 64 bit systems and it works fine on 32 bit systems. For this reason I installed on ASUS-K53SJ (Ubuntu 13.04) a wine 32 bit version.
All the messages we are seeing more and more it appears not to be 32 bit either. This is a problem lot of programs that don't run on 64 bit windows don't run on wine. Wine dos emulation support is limited If wine sees a pure dos application it passes application to dosbox if it can..

http://www.japheth.de/HX.html in dosbox might in fact be the correct way forwards for this program. If the program works using HX Dos loader with dosbox will be a lot lighter in virtual machine compare to running a full windows.

fixme:toolhelp:Interr

cpighin these three dll are interesting. Do check if a IDAPI or in lower case exists on the window xp virtual machine also if any of those .dll files exist anywhere. Wine sometimes can trigger applications to drop to SDK look-up locations for some parts.

cpighin the worst nightmare here is the real correct way forwards may be rebuild the complete application. cpighin is there any plans for it to be updated to support 64 bit systems.
cpighin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by cpighin »

:) thanks olaohm.

1) How to run correctly Omnia by Terminal
thanks to you I learned that command you proposed "wine start /Unix /home/claudio/.wine/drive_c/BENTEL/Omnia_xt.exe" works fine and the right way to run Omnia_xt.exe by terminal is to enter into the directory where the file is and execute it by command "wine Omnia-xt.exe".

Doing in this way, I got no errors as those reported in my previous post (Dec 12, 11:26 am) when I used command "wine /home/claudio/.wine/drive_c/BENTEL/Omnia_xt.exe", even if I got the same Error 0026 when I attempted a dialogue with the alarm set.

Here is the Terminal code

claudio@ASUS-K53SJ:~$ cd /home/claudio/.wine/drive_c/BENTEL
claudio@ASUS-K53SJ:~/.wine/drive_c/BENTEL$ wine Omnia_xt.exe
p11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: impossibile aprire il file oggetto condiviso: File o directory non esistente
fixme:int31:DOSVM_Int31Handler Real mode segment (173f) to descriptor: no longer supported
fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate (0x200a4), partial stub!
fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate ((nil)), partial stub!
fixme:comm:CloseComm16 no cid=0 found!
fixme:toolhelp:InterruptUnRegister16 (0000), stub.
claudio@ASUS-K53SJ:~/.wine/drive_c/BENTEL$ 
After the above test I tried the debugging mode. I used command "WINEDEBUG = + loaddll Omnia_xt.exe" from directory /home/claudio/.wine/drive_c/BENTEL but did not worked. Than I tried "WINEDEBUG=+loaddll wine start /Unix /home/claudio/.wine/drive_c/BENTEL/Omnia_xt.exe" and it worked as follow, running the application even if it has been reported Error 0026 when attempting to load data from the alarm device. Note the improvement of the process in respect of what reported in my previous post (Dec 12, 11:26 am) when I used command "WINEDEBUG=+loaddll wine /home/claudio/.wine/drive_c/BENTEL/Omnia_xt.exe", even if I got same Error 0026 when I attempted a dialogue with the alarm set.

For people more expert than me following description of actions taken would be important because now I know exactly the debugging code during the dialogue phase

a) I gave command "WINEDEBUG=+loaddll wine start /Unix /home/claudio/.wine/drive_c/BENTEL/Omnia_xt.exe" and I got following code, wituout any warning or advise

claudio@ASUS-K53SJ:~$ WINEDEBUG=+loaddll wine start /Unix /home/claudio/.wine/drive_c/BENTEL/Omnia_xt.exe
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\wineboot.exe" at 0x7ebe0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\advapi32.dll" at 0x7eb70000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe" at 0x7ebd0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\advapi32.dll" at 0x7e970000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\gdi32.dll" at 0x7e700000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\user32.dll" at 0x7e820000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\rpcrt4.dll" at 0x7e670000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\ole32.dll" at 0x7e9f0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\oleaut32.dll" at 0x7e550000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\shlwapi.dll" at 0x7e4c0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\windowscodecs.dll" at 0x7eb20000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\comctl32.dll" at 0x7e180000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\shell32.dll" at 0x7e290000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\services.exe" at 0x7ebe0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\advapi32.dll" at 0x7eaf0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\rpcrt4.dll" at 0x7eb60000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\userenv.dll" at 0x7eff0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winedevice.exe" at 0x7eff0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\advapi32.dll" at 0x7eba0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\ntoskrnl.exe" at 0x7eb50000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\rpcrt4.dll" at 0x7ead0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\mountmgr.sys" at 0x7eab0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\plugplay.exe" at 0x7eff0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\advapi32.dll" at 0x7eba0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\rpcrt4.dll" at 0x7eb10000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\gdi32.dll" at 0x7e650000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\user32.dll" at 0x7e770000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\shlwapi.dll" at 0x7e8c0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\comctl32.dll" at 0x7e540000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\shell32.dll" at 0x7e940000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\gdi32.dll" at 0x7e490000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\version.dll" at 0x7ea90000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\user32.dll" at 0x7e5c0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winex11.drv" at 0x7df60000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\uxtheme.dll" at 0x7dd50000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\explorer.exe" at 0x7ebd0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\gdi32.dll" at 0x7e870000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\user32.dll" at 0x7e990000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winex11.drv" at 0x7e2b0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winex11.drv" at 0x7e200000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\uxtheme.dll" at 0x7dff0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\rpcrt4.dll" at 0x7de30000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\ole32.dll" at 0x7dec0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\start.exe" at 0x7ebe0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\advapi32.dll" at 0x7e650000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\gdi32.dll" at 0x7e6c0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\user32.dll" at 0x7e7e0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\shlwapi.dll" at 0x7e930000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\shell32.dll" at 0x7e9b0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winex11.drv" at 0x7e650000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\imm32.dll" at 0x7e450000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\shlwapi.dll" at 0x7e2e0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\comctl32.dll" at 0x7dee0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\shell32.dll" at 0x7dff0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\uxtheme.dll" at 0x7e3d0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\ole32.dll" at 0x7ddc0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winex11.drv" at 0x7e2e0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\uxtheme.dll" at 0x7e090000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\rpcrt4.dll" at 0x7ded0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\ole32.dll" at 0x7df60000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winevdm.exe" at 0x7eff0000: builtin
claudio@ASUS-K53SJ:~$ trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\advapi32.dll" at 0x7e920000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\gdi32.dll" at 0x7e990000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\version.dll" at 0x7e900000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\user32.dll" at 0x7eab0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\krnl386.exe16" at 0x7e850000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winex11.drv" at 0x7e630000: builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "krnl386.exe" : builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\system.drv16" at 0x7e610000: builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "system.drv" : builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\comm.drv16" at 0x7e440000: builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "comm.drv" : builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\gdi.exe16" at 0x7e410000: builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "gdi.exe" : builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\mpr.dll" at 0x7e390000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\user.exe16" at 0x7e3c0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "user.exe" : builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\display.drv16" at 0x7e380000: builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "display.drv" : builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\keyboard.drv16" at 0x7e360000: builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "keyboard.drv" : builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\mouse.drv16" at 0x7e350000: builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "mouse.drv" : builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\rpcrt4.dll" at 0x7e1f0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\ole32.dll" at 0x7dfb0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\msacm32.dll" at 0x7e1c0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winmm.dll" at 0x7e270000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\mmsystem.dll16" at 0x7e330000: builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "mmsystem.dll" : builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\sound.drv16" at 0x7e1b0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "sound.drv" : builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "C:\\BENTEL\\Omnia_xt.exe" : native
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\toolhelp.dll16" at 0x7e170000: builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "TOOLHELP.DLL" : builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "EXTDLL.DLL" : native
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\shlwapi.dll" at 0x7df30000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\comctl32.dll" at 0x7d9e0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\shell32.dll" at 0x7daf0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winspool.drv" at 0x7d9a0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\comdlg32.dll" at 0x7dd20000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\commdlg.dll16" at 0x7e160000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\uxtheme.dll" at 0x7d970000: builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "COMMDLG.DLL" : builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\win87em.dll16" at 0x7e140000: builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "WIN87EM.DLL" : builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "BIVBX11.DLL" : native
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\imm32.dll" at 0x7d5d0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "C:\\IDAPI\\IDAPI01.DLL" : native
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "C:\\IDAPI\\IDR10009.DLL" : native
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "C:\\IDAPI\\ild01.DLL" : native
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\wineps.drv" at 0x7d4b0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\spoolss.dll" at 0x7d590000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\localspl.dll" at 0x7d5b0000: builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded L"C:\\windows\\system32\\usp10.dll" at 0x7d270000: builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "C:\\IDAPI\\IDPDX01.DLL" : native
b) at this point the first page (Client data) of Omnia panel has been shown and I clicked on the Configuration page tag, the one used to download data from the alarm set and thereafter following lines have been added

fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate (0x3002c), partial stub!
fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate ((nil)), partial stub!
c) than I selected the downloading of data function and I saw a line added to terminal

fixme:comm:CloseComm16 no cid=0 found!
d) after few seconds I saw "Communication in progress ...", than after 30 seconds I got Error 0026, I clicked the OK button on the warning panel. During this phase no code was added.
e) than I closed the application and following lines of code were added

trace:loaddll:NE_FreeModule Unloaded module "C:\\IDAPI\\IDPDX01.DLL" : native
fixme:toolhelp:InterruptUnRegister16 (0000), stub.
2)
Do check if a IDAPI or in lower case exists on the window xp virtual machine
Into theVirtual machine Win_XP is a folder named IDAPI and inside it I found IDPDX01.DLL, ILD01.DLL, IDR10009.DLL, IDAPI01.DLL.

3) Application Omnia 64 bit.
As far as I know there are no plans for the developing of Omnia for 64 bit systems, since it is used for "old" alarm sets.