NA Aion 4.0

Questions about Wine on Linux
pcphantom

NA Aion 4.0

Post by pcphantom »

I'm using Zorin OS 7.1 64-bit with Wine 64-bit.
I'm trying to install Aion 4.0 and get it to run.

I can't install .net framework, it says it's not necessary but I'm thinking that may be what's causing my problems.

I got the installer to download and install and the game to update.
I can get all the way to the part where I click "Play".

Then Aion.bin crashes with 2 errors:
1: Unhandled exception: page fault in 64-bit code (0x00007f3920e3f801).

System information:
Wine build: wine-1.4.1
Platform: x86_64
Host system: Linux
Host version: 3.8.0-33-generic

2: Unhandled exception: divide by zero in 32-bit code (0x00558abb).

System information:
Platform: i386 (WOW64)
Host system: Linux
Host version: 3.8.0-33-generic

I can provide more details on the errors if needed.
I'm still messing with it but honestly I'm very new to Linux and Wine so I was wondering if anyone else has gotten this to work in the 64-bit environment and what they had to do to get it to work.
dimesio

Re: NA Aion 4.0

Post by dimesio »

I can't install .net framework, it says it's not necessary
What exactly is "it"? How are you trying to install .NET?
Your Wine version is old and no longer supported. Upgrade to at least 1.6.1.
pcphantom

Post by pcphantom »

"it":
Open: PlayOnLinux, Configure
Highlight Aion, 3rd tab in says "Install Components" (I assume Zorin's interface for winetricks).
Double clicking any version of dotnet brings up a message telling me I can't install dotnet on Wine 64-bit, that it's not necessary. I read something about forcing it but haven't tried that.
Just now I tried and got the message:

"Error in source
This package does not work on a 64-bit installation"

"wine build"
I have installed Wine 1.7.7, I actually have no idea why 1.4.1 shows up. I never even installed 1.4.1
Zorin does come with Wine integrated, however prior to updating it Wine 1.5.25 is what was on the system.

Just now I tried to install 1.4.1 through the Wine version manager and it ended in some error that now makes it so I can't even view other installation packages for Wine. Trying to get past the error caused "Error in POL_Wine_InstallVersion Unable to find versions: Wine"

Sometimes when I install a program with Wine through PlayOnLinux it installs other versions of Wine with it automatically. This is how I got 1.2.3 installed when I installed Steam through the Software Center.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

PlayOnLinux is not supported here. The fact that it often installs obsolete and/or patched versions of Wine is one of the main reasons why.

Straighten out your Wine install first, then try a clean wineprefix with plain Wine. Unless Aion 4.0 is 64 bit, I would suggest creating a 32 bit wineprefix for it, and if it really does need .NET, use winetricks to install it.
pcphantom

Post by pcphantom »

Okay so I changed things up a bit.

I am now using straight wine 1.7.10

to change things a bit, I created a 32-bit virtual drive and installed Aion to that drive.
When I installed it, it actually booted to the game screen and all looked great!
Keep in mind the setup file launches the games "launcher" and installs the game from there.

I was super excited until I closed it out.

Aion by default creates a .lnk file for the desktop and launches by executing a bin file with a set of commands.

I've heard other people saying they have it working but I've yet to figure out how they actually launch the game.

I can only assume they don't install and setup a 16gb game every time they play it.
Seda
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Seda »

For me, Aion works as of Wine 1.7.x in a 32-bit wineprefix on Debian Jessie. I had to change the VideoMemorySize option in the Wine Regedit to reflect the available memory of my video card, or Aion crashed after a few minutes. That might be your issue, too.