Adobe Air fails to install

Questions about Wine on Linux
Clawinus

Adobe Air fails to install

Post by Clawinus »

After executing the first two of the following lines I get the subsequent error messages. It looks to me as if the error is not related to Adobe Air but to my set up of Wine. This is my first installation of a Windows app in Wine.
Can anybody help?

helmut@helmut-Presario-C500-RQ337UA-ABA ~ $ cd Downloads
helmut@helmut-Presario-C500-RQ337UA-ABA ~/Downloads $ wine start AdobeAirInstaller.exe
err:process:init_windows_dirs directory L"C:\\windows" could not be created, error 2
err:process:init_windows_dirs directory L"C:\\windows\\system32" could not be created, error 3
err:process:init_windows_dirs directory L"C:\\windows" could not be created, error 2
err:process:init_windows_dirs directory L"C:\\windows\\system32" could not be created, error 3
err:wineboot:main Cannot set the dir to L"C:\\windows" (2)
err:wineboot:ProcessRunKeys Error running cmd L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe -a -r" (2)
fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"JavaQuickStarterService" failed to start: 2
fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"MountMgr" failed to start: 2
fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"PlugPlay" failed to start: 2
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
Application could not be started, or no application associated with the specified file.
ShellExecuteEx failed: File not found.

helmut@helmut-Presario-C500-RQ337UA-ABA ~/Downloads $
Soulcage
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Adobe Air fails to install

Post by Soulcage »

winetricks adobeair
Clawinus

Re: Adobe Air fails to install

Post by Clawinus »

The command you recommended winetricks adobeair did nothing, but I do not know where to enter it.
On terminal?
I the called up wine to call Notepad and got the following information.
Obviously I do not have a C: Drive. Where should it be and how can I find it?

wine --version Output version information and exit
helmut@helmut-Presario-C500-RQ337UA-ABA ~ $ wine notepad
err:wineboot:main Cannot set the dir to L"C:\\windows" (2)
err:wineboot:ProcessRunKeys Error running cmd L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe -a -r" (2)
fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"JavaQuickStarterService" failed to start: 2
fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"MountMgr" failed to start: 2
fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"PlugPlay" failed to start: 2