Linux Lite Graphics Driver?

Questions about Wine on Linux
Mik James
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Lite Graphics Driver?

Post by Mik James »

I installed the experimental proprietary driver for the hd 6950 and it says the driver is activated but not in use?

Also there are a few different experimental drivers available for install. One is Experimental amd binary xorg dirver and kernal module and the other is the amd proprietary fglrx graphics driver (experimental beta).

There is also the older stable amd proprietary fglrx graphics driver and an amd proprietary fglrx graphics driver (post release updates) as well as one called Video driver for the amd accelerators.

I really have no idea which to use or whether these are even the right drivers for the hd 6950.

The 2 games that i've managed to get running (poorly) in wine so far (batman Arkham Asylum and Deus Ex Human Revolution) both run at unplayable frame rates so i'm not sure if that is a related isssue or due to the way the games were installed.
dimesio

Re: Linux Lite Graphics Driver?

Post by dimesio »

Which graphics driver is the right one for your card is not really a Wine question. You should ask this on your distro's support forum.