Wine and Borderland 2

Questions about Wine on Linux
MalcolmMaya

Wine and Borderland 2

Post by MalcolmMaya »

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to run Borderland 2 under wine 1.7.2.

The thing is I have the fallowing error when running it :

Code: Select all

fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
fixme:process:SetProcessDEPPolicy (1): stub
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
fixme:process:SetProcessShutdownParameters (00000380, 00000000): partial stub.
err:module:import_dll Library X3DAudio1_7.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\2K Games\\Borderlands 2\\Binaries\\Win32\\Borderlands2.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library XAPOFX1_5.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\2K Games\\Borderlands 2\\Binaries\\Win32\\Borderlands2.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\2K Games\\Borderlands 2\\Binaries\\Win32\\Borderlands2.exe" failed, status c0000135

The only solution that I found online was to install xact which was actually already installed on my computer if I believe winetricks.

Code: Select all

sh winetricks xact
Executing w_do_call xact
xact already installed, skipping
Any idea on how to solve this ? I'm fairly new to post on this forum so don't hesitate to tell which information you need.
Soulcage
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Wine and Borderland 2

Post by Soulcage »

Try winetricks xact_jun2010, you also will need to run Borderlands2.exe from a terminal with steam running.
MalcolmMaya

Post by MalcolmMaya »

Well xact_jun2010 is already installed as well.
Soulcage
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Soulcage »

Did you try running Borderlands2.exe from the terminal with steam running? http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=32108
MalcolmMaya

Post by MalcolmMaya »

I cannot connect to Steam because it's say the internet is not configured so I can connect to steam. I have no idea why (maybe because I'm living in a residence).
But apart of that I don't have a steam version anyway, so it's probably not the problem right ?