Techstream software installation seems to fail.

Questions about Wine on Linux
sqweebking

Techstream software installation seems to fail.

Post by sqweebking »

Im trying to install an OBD diagnostic program I use at work called Techstream. I know from installing this program on our windows laptops at work that just before the installation finishes, the installer opens IE to complete some performance tests and registration. This isnt happening when running the installer with WINE and I believe is causing the program to not run once the installer closes.

What are my options for getting WINE to open the webpage during installation that it needs to properly finish?
oiaohm
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Techstream software installation seems to fail.

Post by oiaohm »

sqweebking you have not stated wine version you are trying with.

wine --version it should be 1.6 or 1.7.x . There are a lot of distrobutions still with old versins of wine. If these don't work we can then move onto windows firefox and internet explorer install options into wine. Doing this is not good for stablity.
sqweebking

Post by sqweebking »

Sorry for omitting the version, its actually 1.4.1
I'm going to try updating and see what happens..
sqweebking

Post by sqweebking »

Okay ive updated to wine1.7-amd64, the software installation goes all the way through now and I can click finish to close the installation dialog. Now though once I go to start the Techstream software nothing happens. If I watch the taskmanager Mainmenu.exe, and wineserver pop up for about 10 seconds and then both close.

Can I find an error log somewhere I should be looking at?
dimesio

Post by dimesio »