InstallShield Wizard window disappears

Questions about Wine on macOS.
locaster

InstallShield Wizard window disappears

Post by locaster »

Hello everybody,
I am a Mac user. I have successfully installed Wine. I now try to install BioEdit (a biological data analysis tool) but when i launch the setup (wine setup.exe) A X11 window opens that says "BioEdit is preparing the InstallShield Wizard which will guide you through the program setup process. Please Wait."
But after few seconds, when it arrives at "Configuring Windows installer", the window disappears.

Anyone knows what is going on?
Thank you!
machadodj

Re: InstallShield Wizard window disappears

Post by machadodj »

I have been facing a similar problem. When the first window of the BioEdit - InstallShield Wizard appears and I click the button "Next >", the window vanishes. Any ideas? I'm using a Mac OS X 10.8.4. I installed Wine 1.6 using Homebrew 0.9.4 and I have already installed the Winetricks and the mdac.exe. The last message that appears in my terminal window after the setup wizard dissapears id "an't find matching timezone information in the registry for bias 180, std (d/m/y): 17/02/2013, dlt (d/m/y): 20/10/2013".
machadodj

Re: InstallShield Wizard window disappears

Post by machadodj »

It seems a fix has been posted for that, but I don't know how to implement it: http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-pa ... 52474.html.

Some posts suggests just checking the timezone configuration on your computer. That did not help me.