Level 1
Level 1

COM/ActiveX support is not implemented

Post by Rosegirt »

So, Trying to run an application and terminal outputted the following

Shrub:Medieval II Total War edwardgordon$ wine Launcher.exe -no-write

Unhandled Exception:
System.NotImplementedException: COM/ActiveX support is not implemented
at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.set_ContainingControl (System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.AxHost:set_ContainingControl (System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl)
at Launcher.LauncherMainForm.InitializeComponent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Launcher.LauncherMainForm..ctor (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) Launcher.LauncherMainForm:.ctor (string[])
at Launcher.LauncherMainForm.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.NotImplementedException: COM/ActiveX support is not implemented
at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.set_ContainingControl (System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.AxHost:set_ContainingControl (System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl)
at Launcher.LauncherMainForm.InitializeComponent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Launcher.LauncherMainForm..ctor (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) Launcher.LauncherMainForm:.ctor (string[])
at Launcher.LauncherMainForm.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Unhandled Exception:
System.NotImplementedException: COM/ActiveX support is not implemented
at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.Dispose (Boolean disposing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.ComponentModel.Component.Finalize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I suppose the real question is, how do I implement COM/ActiveX Support?

Thank you in advance!
Maexel
Level 3
Level 3

Re: COM/ActiveX support is not implemented

Post by Maexel »

So there again,

Let's get one step back... Is Launcher.exe really the game-program of Medieval? I doubt that... My first question is: Have you already installed it, so run the setup and it appears in .wine? It's not a game you've installed over Steam, it this correct?

I think this might be the solution to the problem:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... &iId=20302

Well, if you face the same issue as the one under the link, you might need to get first dotnet35 installed which can be easily done over MacPorts and winetricks as well.

Firs you'll need winetricks, which you'll get over MacPorts, so start the Terminal:
sudo port install winetricks

With winetricks installed, you can get dotnet35:
winetricks dotnet35

This should get you your Launcher.exe running :wink: .

Cheers mate,
Maexel