Help with numlock

Questions about Wine on macOS.
louism2544

Help with numlock

Post by louism2544 »

Hi there sorry if this is a silly question but im new to wine im currently playing a game that i need to use the number pad for but its not letting me take numlock off, im just wondering if anyone knows the solution for this. im using an imac desktop the reason why im running wine is because the game doesnt support anything apart from windows.... thank you for your help
louism2544

Re: Help with numlock

Post by louism2544 »

please could someone help me?
Maexel
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Maexel »

Hi louism2544,

Let me get straight out, before you read further on, that I don't have a solution to your problem (so now I don't waste your time nomore :wink: ).
What might can clarify your issue or get us closer to a solution, is, if you could confirm that your numpad is the same model (Cropmark LMP Bluetooth Keypad) as in the image shown (see under attachments). Otherwise please give some brief description of your type.
I'm assuming that you can use the numpad beyond 'wine-environment' without problems (for example in TextEdit or more likely in an Excel-Sheet). By the way, which is the key to activate or shut down your numpad?
A suggestion into the blue: Is it possible that in 'wine-environment' you first need to install a driver-software of that numpad model (although this seems very unlikely to me since these keyboards are especially built for Mac so there won't be any Windows drivers :roll: ). Another one is, assumed that you can use your numpad out of 'wine-environmnet', that when you're running the game trough wine, the key to unlock or lock is just not recognized as that then. So in that case, it might help to get a configuration program for your keyboard where you maybe can define your Lock- respectively UnLock-Button. Logically, this configuration program would run on Windows (so you would need to install it with wine).

Hope you've got one step closer to a solution with my advices.

Cheers mate,
Maexel
Attachments
cropmark_keyboard.jpg
cropmark_keyboard.jpg (23.17 KiB) Viewed 6238 times
louism2544

Post by louism2544 »

hi thanks for the reply, sorry its took me a while to reply just been busy... yes i am running the game through wine im not using a mac keyboard my original keyboard that i got with my mac doesnt have a numberpad, so ive got a normal keyboard that plugs in via usb.with this keyboard it lets me put in numbers fine but it just wont work when i try press num lock and still comes up with the numbers
Maexel
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Maexel »

Hi louism2544,

I don't think this is a wine issue since you're keyboard is recognized by OS X. So the driver is definitely available and installed. Is NumLock working in a native Mac program like TextEdit for example?

Cheers mate,
Maexel