Problems Installing since Upgrade to Saucy

Questions about Wine on Linux
UbuntuSupahFly
Level 2
Level 2

Problems Installing since Upgrade to Saucy

Post by UbuntuSupahFly »

WINE worked fine on Ringtail, but now that I've upgraded to Saucy, it won't work. Tried to reinstall, but that fails. When I try to install, APT complains about unmet dependencies, and when I try to meet the requirements manually, it complains about more, then eventually complains about conflicts. Can somebody help me?

See terminal output log (pastebin) for reference.
UbuntuSupahFly
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Problems Installing since Upgrade to Saucy

Post by UbuntuSupahFly »

That didn't help.

I can't even do build-dep without errors!

Code: Select all

root@optiplex:~# apt-get build-dep wine1.5
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Picking 'wine1.6' as source package instead of 'wine1.5'
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 libgphoto2-2-dev : Depends: libgphoto2-2 (= 2.4.14-2.3ubuntu2) but 2.5.2-0ubuntu2 is to be installed
 libsane-dev : Depends: libtiff5-dev but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: libgphoto2-6-dev but it is not going to be installed
E: Build-dependencies for wine1.5 could not be satisfied.
lahmbi5678
Level 7
Level 7

Post by lahmbi5678 »

Hi,

this really isn't a wine question. Please ask in a Ubuntu forum. Linux distribution upgrades can mix up dependencies beyond recognition. That isn't wine's fault.

Yet, you should read the error messages, the first thing I'd try is to remove the offending package(s), libgphoto2-2(-dev), it seems that another version, libgphoto2-6 is needed. And obviously you'd need to install libtiff5-dev. If it still wouldn't work, ask the Ubuntu people, especially the Ubuntu wine maintainer.
UbuntuSupahFly
Level 2
Level 2

Post by UbuntuSupahFly »

lahmbi5678 wrote:Hi,

this really isn't a wine question. Please ask in a Ubuntu forum. Linux distribution upgrades can mix up dependencies beyond recognition. That isn't wine's fault.

Yet, you should read the error messages, the first thing I'd try is to remove the offending package(s), libgphoto2-2(-dev), it seems that another version, libgphoto2-6 is needed. And obviously you'd need to install libtiff5-dev. If it still wouldn't work, ask the Ubuntu people, especially the Ubuntu wine maintainer.
That's much more helpful. Thanks! :)