Can't install C&C Generals from .iso

Questions about Wine on Linux
darking99

Can't install C&C Generals from .iso

Post by darking99 »

Hi, I am trying to install C&C Generals from .iso file but after the first disk finish installing. it asks for the second disk and after I mount the .iso as I did with the first disk it is not detected by the game installer to continue the installation.

Note: I am using fedora 19 64bit.

Please advise me on what to do?

Thanks,
dimesio

Re: Can't install C&C Generals from .iso

Post by dimesio »

Why don't you just mount them both at the same time?
darking99

Post by darking99 »

Did that and it is the same result :(. I know that this is a noob question but is there a specific method I can use?
Simon of Aragon
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Simon of Aragon »

I recently had a similar issue with Vice City on the second disk. I was installing from the CD tray and found my problem was my file browser "dolphin" was using the CD as a source so when I swapped disks it failed to mount the second CD. I ended up installing directly from terminal instead. The first CD after placing it in the tray I ran wine /media/GTA_install/setup from there.

After the program asked for the second CD, I placed the play CD in the tray waited then I told it the CD was located in z:\media\GTA_play and then the setup defaulted to D:\ as the CD drive. You could try mounting the iso images files as disk1 and disk2 then combine all the files from both into one folder and make sure you don't have any file manager open only the terminal. Otherwise I would use the disks.