Wine + GDB

Questions about Wine on Linux
lostelor

Wine + GDB

Post by lostelor »

Hello!

I'm experiencing the same problem as Matthias Gehre (http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/mingw ... 00049.html) in his problem #3.
After issuing "wine gdb.exe" in my terminal from MinGW's GDB package I'm not able to issue any command to running gdb (it just ignores it, GDB prompt is not repeated), and after trying to press ^C I'm getting "Quit (expect signal SIGINT when the program is resumed)". It also affects self-compiled GDB 7.6. What's interesting is that running GDB in wineconsole goes fine, but I need to use GDB for Windows apps in my Linux IDE (that's a bit weird, I know), so that seems not to be the option.

How can I fix this?
The screenshot is attached.
Attachments
GDB 7.5 under Wine 1.6-rc4, terminal emulator is Xterm 294.
GDB 7.5 under Wine 1.6-rc4, terminal emulator is Xterm 294.
gdb-wine.png (7.16 KiB) Viewed 2747 times
lahmbi5678
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Wine + GDB

Post by lahmbi5678 »

Just a Guess, but one thing you could try would be "wine cmd", this would give you a DOS command line, then run gdb.exe from there. I remember vaguely, that there have been some bugs with wine, DOS/Windows command line tools and console output. If it still wouldn't work, file a bug.
lostelor

Post by lostelor »

Thanks for response, lahmbi5678.
Tried to run gdb.exe in Wine's CMD - the effect is even worse: typed commands are not appearing in output at all, after pressing ^C the effect is the same - "Quit (expect signal SIGINT when the program is resumed)", and additionally Wine prints "fixme:console:CONSOLE_DefaultHandler Terminating process 29 on event 0". Maybe some wine debug log can help in figuring out the source if the problem?
lahmbi5678
Level 7
Level 7

Post by lahmbi5678 »

You probably should file a bug, that is the standard way here to get in touch with the wine developers.

I'm not sure if I understand exactly what is needed for your use case. Wouldn't it be possible to just call wineconsole from your IDE?