Help my dad ;) Pull down menu almost hidden (very small)

Questions about Wine on Linux
tbm

Help my dad ;) Pull down menu almost hidden (very small)

Post by tbm »

Hi all,

I am a Linux user for a long time and have been able to install it on other computers with some success.
My father is a passionate Bridge player and he uses the dutch program "StepBridge"

It works quite well, but it has some small issues that I like to solve for him.
This is his biggest issue. He is 70+ years old and it is very hard for him (also for me btw) to select the drop down menu. I have added a picture to hopefully make it a bit more clear.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5yfyHQ ... sp=sharing

He said he didn't have the issue a year ago or so. Might be the program changed or the wine version has a regression.
I played around with wine configuration and I can make a lot of things change (from colors to fonts) but the drop down menu stays as small as this.

Hope someone can help. My other alternative is to install XP in a VM, but I am not sure if his PC is fast enough and this seems like something that shouldn't be too hard to fix.
dimesio

Re: Help my dad ;) Pull down menu almost hidden (very small

Post by dimesio »

You could try native riched20.dll (that's just a guess based on the screenshot). Beyond that, what version of Wine are you using? If it's not the latest development release, upgrade. If neither of those suggestions fix it, post terminal output from the current development release.
tbm

Post by tbm »

Thanks, I just installed riched20.dll through winetricks. In wine configuration it is now added in the overide list. Seems like it didn't help though. I don't see any difference.
This issue is present in 1.4 and also tried the dev release (wine-1.6-rc4)

Not sure if this is the output you are looking for. But this what I get starting StepBridge from terminal.

tl@tl-T101MT:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/StepBridge$ wine StepBridge.exe
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
fixme:system:SetProcessDPIAware stub!

Let me know if I can assist in any way to understand the issue better. Can also make a video if that helps.
lahmbi5678
Level 7
Level 7

Post by lahmbi5678 »

Hm, you probably should file a bug. It certainly would help, if there's a free demo version. If so, attach a link to the bug report.
tbm

Post by tbm »

Well, you can install the program and without using it actually already see the issue I am referring to.
Here you can download the program. Just click and install.

http://admin.stepbridge.nl/downloads/St ... etupNL.exe

I will create a bug report later if nobody has a solution for this issue. I will also try an older version of wine, maybe that helps.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

I can reproduce the problem, but there's nothing in the console output to suggest the reason. You need to file a bug.
tbm

Post by tbm »

Ok, I will create a bug report later this week. I also tried two older versions of wine 1.0 and 1.2, they both show the same issue.
If there are some additional technical details I could add to the bug report please let me know.