Uninstalled program, associated files deleted - recover?

Questions about Wine on Linux
sousaj

Uninstalled program, associated files deleted - recover?

Post by sousaj »

I was cleaning up my system and removed the Audible player from Wine. It asked me if I wanted to deleted associate files and I hit "Yes" not realizing it would delete all of the mp3s on that particular drive (the linux/ext4 partition as it was mapped in Wine a Z:/). I have dug into ~/.local/share/Trash/ and ~/.wine but cannot seem to find them. Is there anywhere else I should be looking? I have searched this forum and several other forums for things related to trash, recycle bin, and deleted files and come up empty.

I am currently running PhotoRec to see if it is able to salvage and while it has found a ton of jpgs, no mp3s have shown their presence. Going to take all night to finish scanning the drive, but wanted to see if there was a better/more efficient way of salvaging the lost files.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.
dimesio

Re: Uninstalled program, associated files deleted - recover?

Post by dimesio »

If what the dialog said was "delete" not "move to Trash," then the files were deleted. A recovery utility is your only hope. Whether there are better or faster ones than Photorec is not a Wine question; you might want to ask on your distro forum.