Wine full screen scrolling problem

Questions about Wine on Linux
Bladeforce
Level 3
Level 3

Wine full screen scrolling problem

Post by Bladeforce »

Hi I am running Ubuntu 12.04 with nvidia and when I run some games (not all of them) i get a strange effect where the image isnt centered and if I move my mouse to the bottom left it scrolls the screen away from the image. I can move the screen to the center with the mouse and click and it will stay in the center then even if I push to the corners. I have tried unchecking the wine option of decorating windows borders and allowing wine to manage windows but to no avail. Can anyone help me here please?
dimesio

Re: Wine full screen scrolling problem

Post by dimesio »

Have you tried turning off desktop effects?
Bladeforce
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Bladeforce »

Hi, may I ask what desktop effects you mean?

I have tried unchecking "Allow the windows manager to decorate Windows" and "Allow Windows Manager to control the windows" Unchecking both of these makes the program not run at all
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Desktop effects are controlled by your window manager. If you don't know how to turn them off, ask your distro.
Bladeforce
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Bladeforce »

I presume you mean compiz if I have ubuntu? There are no desktop effects enabled
Bladeforce
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Bladeforce »

Just to add are you sure it is compiz causing the problem as the offending game has major problems running full screen in latest wine yet when i use playonlinux and select version 1.3.35 it runs ok
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Some POL scripts use patched versions of Wine and/or other tweaks. If it's a recent version of POL you should have an install log for the game that tells you whether the Wine version is patched and what, if any, tweaks were applied.

If your game does not have the problem in plain, unpatched 1.3.35 (no POL), run a regression test and file a bug. http://wiki.winehq.org/RegressionTesting
Bladeforce
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Bladeforce »

It's not a desktop effects thing. I turned them off and still same problem. Problem still exists for me with ubuntu 13.04 and latest nvidia drivers. Noticed alot of games seem to be fine with 1.3.35 but not later wine versions in full screen
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

So run a regression test.