Problems with steam

Questions about Wine on macOS.
ifurryy

Problems with steam

Post by ifurryy »

http://gyazo.com/914388936aa9a5856d79cd7b7207a96e
I installed steam but I steam isn't functioning properly.
grasida

Re: Problems with steam

Post by grasida »

I am having the same problem. I can't get steam to install at all, but I downloaded a wineskin wrapper (I know, not supported here) with steam preinstalled. Copying it to another wine prefix results in this effect. I have installed tahoma, so it's probably not a fonts issue. Some time ago, people were reporting this issue was caused by dwrite.dll, but disabling that had no effect either. I should note, I cannot install flash. I don't know how to install it except through winetricks, and both the release version of winetricks and the trunk version are giving me checksum and sha1sum errors (by the way, is anyone else having these problems? It seems odd that I can't find any up to date information about it. This a real stab in the dark, but could these issues be caused by stunnel?). I don't know if lacking flash would cause text to not appear, but it does seem to be a major thing to be lacking. Anyway, after reading about checksum and sha1sum, it seems like that error at least might be fixable . The real issue is just that this is consuming an inordinate amount of my free time, even for a nerd with no social life.
Maexel
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Problems with steam

Post by Maexel »

Hi ifurryy,

I've had the same issue with the windows version of steam that no text was shown on the log-in screen of steam. It's an dwrite issue as grasida has stated in his respond correctly. I could fix it with adding: -no-dwrite in the command line. So the command line should look alike this: wine PATH_TO_YOUR_STEAM_FOLDER/steam.exe -no-dwrite

With adding -no-dwrite to the command line, text has shown correctly in my case ;).

Hope this will work out for you.

Cheers mate,
Maexel