Xbox 360 controller in Wine on Ubuntu

Questions about Wine on Linux
RefinedCode

Xbox 360 controller in Wine on Ubuntu

Post by RefinedCode »

From what I understand wine doesnt support xbox controllers yet. But, when I plugged my wired one in today I tried using it in portal 2, and it actually ALMOST worked 100%. In the native steam client I can play tf2 perfectly with the xbox controller. So I play portal 2 in wine 1.4.1, and when I tried using my USB xbox controller it MOST of the buttons worked. Even the left joystick allowed me to run around perfectly. For some reason the right joystick (controls looking around) only let me look left and right, not up and down, and I couldnt fire portals. (Left and Right Shoulder buttons). My question is even though they say wine doesnt support xbox controllers yet, this one almost worked perfectly, so does anyone have experience getting it all working? I am using the default xbox controls in the portal 2 options, so its not the problem. It's just so close to working so I'm curious.

If not, I can just wait until wine 1.6 which apparently will have xbox controller support, im still just shocked to see all my steam games working through wine.

Thanks for any response.
imneo88
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Xbox 360 controller in Wine on Ubuntu

Post by imneo88 »

locate and download xbox360cemu.r.3.0.rar
copy and paste those 5 files into your game folder
then download xboxdrv from your favorite linux site and on my Wireless Xbox360 controller, the perfect windows config is:

xboxdrv --silent --detach-kernel-driver --trigger-as-button --ui-axismap x2=ABS_Z,y2=ABS_RZ --ui-buttonmap A=BTN_B,B=BTN_X,X=BTN_A,TR=BTN_THUMBL,TL=BTN_MODE,GUIDE=BTN_THUMBR
imneo88
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Xbox 360 controller in Wine on Ubuntu

Post by imneo88 »

Correction to my last reply.. the first filename was wrong. Sorry

locate and download xbox360cemu.v.3.0.rar
copy and paste those 5 files into your game folder
then download xboxdrv from your favorite linux site and on my Wireless Xbox360 controller, the perfect windows config is:

xboxdrv --silent --detach-kernel-driver --trigger-as-button --ui-axismap x2=ABS_Z,y2=ABS_RZ --ui-buttonmap A=BTN_B,B=BTN_X,X=BTN_A,TR=BTN_THUMBL,TL=BTN_MODE,GUIDE=BTN_THUMBR