Diablo 3 Disconnect from Battlenet while using Multiseat

Questions about Wine on Linux
Kitsab

Diablo 3 Disconnect from Battlenet while using Multiseat

Post by Kitsab »

Hallo,

it's a dificult question I guess.
I'm using wine 1.5.3 and playing Diablo on my Ubuntu 12.04 computer.

The reason I created a Lightdm Multiseat configuration is, with wine I can't use Alt+Tab to minimize Diablo 3. And I don't want to play in windowed mode.

Means I'm playing Diablo under my first Seat (Alt+Ctrl+F7) and using my desktop under my second Seat (Alt+Ctrl+F8).
This works well, exept the litte problem Diablo3 uses server connection while I'm in the second seat after about 1 minute.
The normal disconnect appears after ~ 15 minutes.

I don't know what the reason is for this connectivity loss. I tested it with an active terminal and the ping command. The inactive session doesn't loose network connectivity.

And loosing connection in Diablo 3 means loosing a usefull buff and it requires you to replay the actual level.

Maybe somebody got an idea.

Thanks for answers/tips/opinions

br

Kitsab
Kitsab

Re: Diablo 3 Disconnect from Battlenet while using Multiseat

Post by Kitsab »

Kitsab wrote: This works well, exept the litte problem Diablo3 uses server connection while I'm in the second seat after about 1 minute.
Kitsab
sorry for the bad english I was in a hurry now it's too late to edit the post, it should mean:

This works well, except the litte problem Diablo3 looses server connection while I'm in the second seat after about 1 minute.