need Help: Hack to Make Voobly Work

Questions about Wine on macOS.
xthomas

need Help: Hack to Make Voobly Work

Post by xthomas »

http://bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?i ... ction=edit

The problem with voobly is it wants to launch aoe2, but that isn't happening. Please tell me how to install this hack.
dimesio

Re: need Help: Hack to Make Voobly Work

Post by dimesio »

xthomas

Post by xthomas »

I am admittedly completely new to this - a beginner consumer if you will. The technical jargon is going over me. I have managed to guess I follow step 3, but reading the manual within step 3, it's not all that clear what I do.

http://www.gnu.org/savannah-checkouts/g ... patch.html
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Did you do steps 1 & 2 first? You have to. Then download the patch to the source directory and apply it to the source code using the command in step 3, but use the actual filename of the patch you are applying instead of foo.patch.
xthomas

Post by xthomas »

Umm, I am really really not sure how, or if they were done for me. I downloaded a wrapper that already had voobly and program files, is the thing. I did some additional installing of games and messed around with a few settings. I just want to know where I should place this hack, does it go in an actual folder inside the package, or do I use tools, see screenie below.

OK, here's some additional information

On a macintosh MOUNTAIN LION, 10.8.2

PS I looked at step 1.. well suffice to say I was mightily confused. But Age of Empires works, voobly works, it just doesn't launch the game is the problem. I even installed the AOE demo from winetricks just to mess around, and the game works!

PSS I wasn't able to figure out what the heck to do with wine in general, until a few days ago. Once I did, I ran into a few roadblocks that after a lot of tinkering I figured out - except this one.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Moving to the Mac OSX subforum.

Wineskin is not supported here; this forum is for plain Wine only.

As for the patch, you can't simply put it in a folder somewhere and use it with a precompiled binary. You apply it to Wine's source code and then build Wine yourself.