EA Origin

Questions about Wine on Linux
LazaRuss

EA Origin

Post by LazaRuss »

Hello

Im running Xubuntu with wine version 1.4

I dont know what I am doing wrong but after mounting the cd I run the setup.exe with wine. The Mass Effect splash comes up with "Install" which I click. This is supposed to go to the origin setup but litraly nothing happens.

I have tried running it on my laptop which is also using xubuntu and wine version 1.4 and the installation runs fine. wine is also setup exactly the same on both.

Im pretty new to all this. Can someone suggest what I should do to check what is causing the installation to not run?
LazaRuss

Re: EA Origin

Post by LazaRuss »

Sorry to bump but I have fixed my last problem only to be confronted by another!

When Installing Mass Effect via origin it gets to 26% then asks for disk 2, the problem is when I put disk 2 in it says its the wrong disk

I have installed on windows and it dosent ask for disk 2 until 56% so its asking for disk 2 way too soon. Any ideas?
ZombieRedShirt
Level 3
Level 3

Re: EA Origin

Post by ZombieRedShirt »

LazaRuss wrote:Sorry to bump but I have fixed my last problem only to be confronted by another!

When Installing Mass Effect via origin it gets to 26% then asks for disk 2, the problem is when I put disk 2 in it says its the wrong disk

I have installed on windows and it dosent ask for disk 2 until 56% so its asking for disk 2 way too soon. Any ideas?
Hello LazaRuss, don't know if you've had any luck with ME since your last post, but there is a long standing issue with wine and swapping discs, like dvds during an install. One way around it is usually to copy the contents of all discs to one folder, and run the install from that location. Have to say though, installing Mass Effect is a lot easier through Steam, and you can get it for $20. With the holiday special about to start, probably a good deal less than that. Not pushing steam or anything, just making a suggestion is all.