LTSpice Crashes on Wine

Questions about Wine on Linux
pmh39

LTSpice Crashes on Wine

Post by pmh39 »

I have a problem that LTSpice under Wine crashes. I know this is probably down to an LTSpice compatibility issue, so it is Linear's problem, however when it does crash, I can not shut down the computer without killing the power due to wineserver (and virtual machine) not closing, which is where it becomes a Wine problem.

I have tried (in the following order) wineserver-k then kill -9 <pid>, kill -KILL <pid>, killall <process name> for first scad3.exe then wineserver (I know this isn't a good idea, corrupt registry etc), but neither close. Any suggestions on how to kill it?

Wine version: 1.4-0ubuntu4.1 (amd 64 and i386)
LTSpice IV, update 18-12-12
Ubuntu 12.04x64
dimesio

Re: LTSpice Crashes on Wine

Post by dimesio »

There may be other processes still running that you also have to kill. The usual suspects are explorer.exe, services.exe, plugplay.exe, and winedevice.exe.

You should also upgrade Wine to the latest development release.
pmh39

Re: LTSpice Crashes on Wine

Post by pmh39 »

I haven't got the system running now (I'm at a different PC) but I'm sure there were no .exe processes running (other than swcad3.exe), it was one of the first things I looked for. I shall try the latest Wine development release, then try to recreate the error and return to this topic.