Opening new JPG files in same instance of PSP under Wine

Questions about Wine on Linux
noro
Level 1
Level 1

Opening new JPG files in same instance of PSP under Wine

Post by noro »

I use Paint Shop Pro under Wine as my default program for opening JPG files on Linux Puppy.

I did this by setting the "Run action" for JPG files to: wine "/root/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Jasc Software Inc/Paint Shop Pro 7/psp.exe" "${@//\//\\}

However, a new instance of PSP is opened every time I open a new JPG. How could I make it so that a newly opened JPG uses the instance of PSP that is already opened?

Thanks for any help.
Simon of Aragon
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Opening new JPG files in same instance of PSP under Wine

Post by Simon of Aragon »

The "new instance" is a built in feature of PSP this much I read from the Corel webpage. There should be a setting somewhere in the program to stop it, but I am not familar with PSP. I don't see this being much of ado with Wine.
noro
Level 1
Level 1

Post by noro »

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately there is no such setting in the program, The same problem exists in Windows and this is the solution: http://www.pspug.org/cgi-bin/forum/Blah ... 259400734/ but I don't think this is possible with WINE.
vitamin

Post by vitamin »

noro wrote:I did this by setting the "Run action" for JPG files to: wine "/root/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Jasc Software Inc/Paint Shop Pro 7/psp.exe" "${@//\//\\}
First of all do not run Wine or anything else for that matter as root on *NIX. Create a regular user account and do everything using it.
Second - that path translation is wrong. Use winepath -w <file> for path translation.
noro wrote:The same problem exists in Windows and this is the solution:
Yes, it is possible in Wine. You will have to add registry settings manually. Then use 'wine start file.jpg' to open your program.
noro
Level 1
Level 1

Post by noro »

Cheers for the reply. Puppy Linux runs as root by default. I missed a quotation mark off the end of the path mentioned above, but it does work okay for me (should I change it to what you suggested)? I'm a Linux newbie so I'm not sure exactly what I should edit in the WINE registry. Any further help on this topic would be much appreciated. Thanks.